Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most popular suburbs by sales, 2013

Most popular suburbs by sales, 2013

Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light
Default Most popular suburbs by sales, 2013

Most popular suburbs for houses
(number sold past 12 months)
Pakenham, VIC — 806
Port Macquarie, NSW — 792
Berwick, VIC — 757
Dubbo, NSW — 684
Point Cook, VIC — 684
Frankston, VIC — 677
Mildura, VIC — 667
Craigieburn, VIC — 633
Canning Vale, WA — 616
Orange, NSW — 607
Baldivis WA — 581
Sunbury, VIC -576
Ellenbrook, WA — 563
Gosnells, WA — 559
Castle Hill, NSW — 551
Kellyville, NSW — 526
Blacktown, NSW — 518
Reservoir, VIC — 518
Baulkham Hills, NSW — 517
Thornlie, WA — 517
Buderim, QLD — 511
Glen Waverley, VIC — 509
Werribee, VIC — 506
Old Feb 14th 2014, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Most popular suburbs by sales, 2013

Not sure this really reflects most popular suburbs, if my suburb had this number of sales it would mean 90% of homes in the suburb had sold in the year which would definitely indicate to me that it was very unpopular.

These maybe the largest suburbs?
Old Feb 14th 2014, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
Not sure this really reflects most popular suburbs, if my suburb had this number of sales it would mean 90% of homes in the suburb had sold in the year which would definitely indicate to me that it was very unpopular.

These maybe the largest suburbs?
That's what I was thinking, could be most unpopular. Or just well populated.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 12:01 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I think, with a few exceptions, the common denominator is that they are (relatively) cheap and/or a source of new land estates. In some cases they might be popular due to affordability, but not particularly desirable relative to other (more expensive) suburbs.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 12:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think, with a few exceptions, the common denominator is that they are (relatively) cheap and/or a source of new land estates. In some cases they might be popular due to affordability, but not particularly desirable relative to other (more expensive) suburbs.
Cheap and not necessarily desirable are certainly the case with Canning Vale, Gosnells and Thornlie WA. I don't know about Baldivis or Ellenbrook being relatively cheap or undesirable, but they are both new (ish) suburbs with lots if growth.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Well as you can see they are by number of sales, not percentage of homes sold based on homes in the area.

So yep fair to say, larger suburbs have more houses in, and more property for sale, even so i agree perhaps a more defined list would be number of sales v number for sale and display a percentage.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Blacktown. Horrible place but I hear rentals yield very highly.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 6:50 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious what the point of the OP is. There's really no context, just a list.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 7:29 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at some of the suburbs it seems more like a list of cheap places to live not popular places to live.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 7:32 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well Buderim has seen several large estates built last year so I'm guessing that a lot of those sales are the new built homes.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm curious what the point of the OP is. There's really no context, just a list.

Im curious as to why you post, but hey ho nothing changes. You just get that urge to up your post count.

Last edited by TimbersBack; Feb 15th 2014 at 8:22 am.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimbersBack
Im curious as to why you post, but hey ho nothing changes. You just get that urge to up your post count.
She's not alone tbh. I don't know what you're telling us or why. It's a random list of random suburbs and it means nothing without more background info. As we've asked many many times over the years, if you're (general) going to post 'info' then at least either ask a question or make a statement that encourages discussion. Pakenham sold 806 houses. That's nice but out of how many, did people move in to the area, move out, stay close by etc etc etc.

As has been said, the list doesn't even prove your title which makes it even more random.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Title: most popular suburbs by sales,2013

Are you joking. Even a baboon could understand that title. On an australia forum... Erm
As for context, its a list see first line of post.

Most popular suburbs for houses.
Second line .. Number sold past 12 months.

Jeeze.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 9:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Title: most popular suburbs by sales,2013

Are you joking. Even a baboon could understand that title. On an australia forum... Erm
As for context, its a list see first line of post.

Most popular suburbs for houses.
Second line .. Number sold past 12 months.

Jeeze.
Judging by the comments, most of us who've responded are obviously baboons. Most popular suburbs for houses sold in the past 12 months - yeah I can read, however it still makes no sense because there's no other info. Where's the link that your apparent info has come from? Where's the back up info? I could write a list like that but it still wouldn't mean a damn thing without more info.

From memory Pakenham (for example) is a dump. Do those house sales mean it's popular or a very cheap way to get on the housing market?

Oh and being snotty with people just because they're querying your info is unnecessary You put the thread in the Aus boards. If it was a bit of pointless chat, you should use The Barbie. I can move it for you if you'd like.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 9:18 am
Still alive

I'm not sure why you're back on here, but hey ho nothing changes. You're still a dick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.