Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Most Haunted - Do you believe?

Most Haunted - Do you believe?

Old Sep 17th 2005, 9:53 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Most Haunted - Do you believe?

Im watching Most Haunted on Living TV and have to say that sometimes the fear on the crews faces appears to be very real.

I am open minded to ghosts and believe that not all things can be explained.

Anyone got any good ghost stories to make me crap myself as Im here alone?
Old Sep 17th 2005, 9:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Haunted - Do you believe?

Ive just thought of one.

When I worked in this large vet hospital, I was in the garden shed getting some cat boxes.

Walking up the garden, I spotted this old bloke walking towards the staff room, wearing a blue raincoat and a tweed 'whippet racers cap' as I call them (peaked cap).

Smiling at him, I walked past him and forgot all about him.

'Who is the old boy in the garden?' I asked the head nurse and she looked puzzled.

Describing him to the head nurse, she went pale and called the boss in.

'Well it sounds like Gordon the handyman you're describing, but it can't be as hes been dead for years' They told me.

Word got around and people took the piss out of me, but I never knew this Gordon bloke, didn't know he worked there let alone what he looked like.

No explanation just weird.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:02 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Im watching Most Haunted on Living TV and have to say that sometimes the fear on the crews faces appears to be very real.

I think my house is haunted.... an old lady called Mrs Gavey used to live here & died here too... I often get the sense that somebody is watching over my shoulder. When Jonah was a baby he used to stare at the corner of his bedroom and giggle even though there was nothing there except a rocking chair! Maybe he had a fixation with chairs...? LOL

When I was about 16 I was in town with my mates & we were sat on the wall of the Cathedral eating chips... I glanced up towards the entrance to the catheral where there were loads of benches - one in particular there was 3 old ladies sat on it - My Gran was sat on the end. She leaned forward, looked at me & smiled. I just looked away for an instant, realised what I just saw & looked back but Gran had gone & there were only 2 old ladies on the bench...... I was TOTALLY freaked out as my Gran died when I was 14....... people laugh at me when I tell that story but I swear its the truth....:scared:
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:06 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

How about this? The laptop I was given when I started my new job over here kept behaving really strangely: files kept vanishing after I'd saved them, applications shut themselves down for no reason and there were other odd manifestations, too. To begin with, I just put it down to MS Windows (sorry Mr Gates ), or maybe a virus. The tech support team were scratching their heads over it, as they had no idea what was causing it all.

Then I found out that the laptop had belonged to my predecessor, John, who'd died a few months before. The laptop had been given to various other staff since then, and ALL of them had problems getting it to behave. I copied its entire build as a 'mirror image' across to another machine, and there were no problems. When I got a new laptop & passed it on to the next new hire, they had the same problems that I'd had.

A few months ago it was the anniversary of this guy's death and we all went out for a drink to commemorate him. I raised my glass & said, 'John bet you are missing that laptop - or are they more reliable where you are now?!'

Amazingly, the very next day, the laptop stopped playing up and has been working perfectly ever since.

Spooky, eh? :scared:

Anya.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I think my house is haunted.... an old lady called Mrs Gavey used to live here & died here too... I often get the sense that somebody is watching over my shoulder. When Jonah was a baby he used to stare at the corner of his bedroom and giggle even though there was nothing there except a rocking chair! Maybe he had a fixation with chairs...? LOL

When I was about 16 I was in town with my mates & we were sat on the wall of the Cathedral eating chips... I glanced up towards the entrance to the catheral where there were loads of benches - one in particular there was 3 old ladies sat on it - My Gran was sat on the end. She leaned forward, looked at me & smiled. I just looked away for an instant, realised what I just saw & looked back but Gran had gone & there were only 2 old ladies on the bench...... I was TOTALLY freaked out as my Gran died when I was 14....... people laugh at me when I tell that story but I swear its the truth....:scared:

No I believe you.

Scientists want concrete evidence of ghosts and even then it is not the done thing to believe.

I think the most patronising thing I had said to me was a few months ago by a doctor.

When Abdel and I were in Thailand, we walked along the beach in Patong.

Abdel was pissed and I wasn't (bad leg and all!) and I saw this woman walking right on the edge of the sea, looking out calling someones name. She was very distressed.

Noone seemed to bother with her.

'Well whoever she is looking for won't be coming back' I said to Abdel.

We since read that since the Tsunami, a woman has been sighted by people walking up and down by the edge of the sea, calling for her child.

And apparantly, they say the woman was too taken by the wave.

The doctor at work told me I was suffering post traumatic stress form the Tsunami and it was my mind playing tricks.

Patronising bastard. Other people have seen her and I wasnt there when the wave hit.

As I say, you have to believe 'their way' but never what you see.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:14 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

look at this http://www.hollowhill.com/nh/gilson.htm
Old Sep 17th 2005, 10:16 pm

I shall read it right away.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

ive had lots of ghosty experiences, but perhaps the most disturbing one was when visiting my brothers grave. I was standing alone in the cementary, and had a nosey about and knew no-one was around, when I heard as clear as day, a young girls voice calling for her mummy :scared: anyway, i looked around and found i was still alone and not close to any houses so the voice couldnt have travelled. i began to get abit scared as the child became more anxious, and so wondered near the new grave sites, as the little girl was almost screaming I became panicky until I came to the newest grave of a 3yr old girl, as soon as I approached the grave, the voice stopped! :scared: I spoke a few words and said the teddy on the grave was lovely, to which the voice giggled and said bye!
This has happened several times with different voices, ive been told by a medium that they are just wanting reassurance, ive got used to it now so it doesnt freak me out as much.
My hubby still thinks im a freaky witch I think most haunted is great entertainment, sometimes it seems ok, but also they over act abit, thats why its good when they do the live shows and you see the real fear factor

trish
xx
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:18 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

When my grandad was very ill in hospital when I was 11, I swear I saw him sat in his favourite chair drinking tea from his favourite mug. Shortly after, the hospital called to say he had died
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

I believe......and when I was a kid I wouldn't let my mum and dad buy a house over 100 years old as I thought they couldn't be haunted if they were under that age.

So they bought a house that was 12 years old and it only came with a sodding ghost!!!

When we first looked round there were crosses on every wall in the house, you know those little reed things but I put I down to their religion, but I always got the impression I was being watched.

I was sitting in the living room, on my own, reading a book, when I looked up and noticed in the reflection of the grey television screen, an elderly lady sitting next to me!!:scared: I looked to my side and back to the screen....nothing, Well I'm only eight years old and to say I cacked myself is a under statement. My mum said "Oh.. it was only your imagination, there's no such thing as ghosts" I thought, yeah, she's probably right as I was into anything to do with the supernatural, ghost stories etc.

It was only when we moved later on that my dad admitted, yes, he had also seen the elderly lady on a few occasions...standing watching me from my bedroom door:scared:
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:32 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

When I my dad was in hospital dying with cancer my cousin had brought in a bottle of good whisky and the habit became that when she visited they would have a "tot" together. On the ocassion where they got to the last drink out the bottle mt cousin was sitting to one side next to my dad - he looked at the bottom of the bed , smiled and raised his glass,finished the drink and died. My cousin to this day swears that my Auntie (her mum) was there waiting for him.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear just started to look at this thread you know you don't need to set me off on this again.No doubt about it I do believe.There are some brillant stories on here .Keep them coming folks.
I do have a tail to tell.
This may sound crazy but here goes.
Myself and my family went to Validate our Visas back in August and whilst we were on the Plane on the way to Singapore we all thought that we saw my Dad. My Dad died back in March.The man we saw was the absolute spitting image of him,and was standing in the galley area.
I wanted to go up to him and say you look just like my Dad but knew he would think I was mad,so, ..Brushed it off and thought not to be so stupid.On the flight from Brisbane me and my son saw him walk down the aisle it was dark and everyone was asleep but my son said "mummy there's Grandad again" I watched him until he was out of site and he walked to the back of the plane to where I thought he was seated.
When we arrived at Singapore we had a long waiting time for our connecti
ng flight so we decided to get off the plane last.I wanted to see the man walk past again we waited and waited but he did not come off that plane.
He must have been seated behind us as we were right at the front but we never saw him again.
It did leave us all thinking.
To most people this story could hold many explanations and I am sure there are loads.
Back in May I went to see a physchic medium and he told me my Dad would travel with us to Australia and watch what we were up to.
There are days though that I do feel he is with me.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Years ago when we (my sisters) all lived at home we all used to go out late. Now my mother being a worrier would sometimes stay up to make sure we got home alright. Quite often we would all come home, hear the TV on in the back room, think it was mum up waiting for us, only to open the door and the room be silent with the lights off, with mum obviously up stairs asleep. Now this happened on many occassions, and to all of us individually. It was really creepy. Mind you many, many odd things have happened in the house, gives me jelly legs thinking of it :scared:

Funnily enough our first dog would never sleep in that room on her own, you would have to force her in there. In saying that my parents have two silly dogs now that seem to be too dippy to notice anything and quite happily sit in the room on their own . We've all since left home and Mum and Dad never say anything.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:40 am
Just Joined

stiv is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought a very old & horribly haunted house in Sheffield....with many stories involved which I wont go into ... but eventually we went to the spiritualist church & were helped by a medium who came to our house & asked the spirit to leave ...(apparently with the help of my dead grandad who was hanging around also ...?!)

Anyway he (a WW1 soldier) did leave & the house was a different place afterwards...but we were spooked so sold the house sharpish...

Anyone who wants to scare themselves helpless in Oz, I suggest taking a visit to Port Arthur in Tasmania...do the midnight candlelit ghost tour of the penal colony...until my experience in our old house this was the nearest Ive ever come to losing control of my bladder... my ex reckons she did a litle bit...
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:48 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Over 20 years ago, my Grandfather was dying of cancer in a Liverpool hospital. My Grandmother lived in an isolated village in Wales and my Mum and Aunt went to stay with her, ferrying her to and from the hospital.

Before long, it was obvious that the end was imminent. Mum and Aunt took Gran home and agreed to visit the hospital the next morning. There was no telephone, certainly no mobiles, just no way with any communication with the hospital.

At 3am, my Gran woke my Mum and Aunt to say that Grandad had died around 2.30am.

How could she know? There was no way of communicating.

She said he appeared by her bed to say he was moving on but would wait for her and come for her when it was her time.

There was no way to check with the hospital.

Next morning, quite early, Mum walked to the local shop which had the only phone in the village (this was 1983!). Before she got there, she saw the shopkeeper coming her way.

She told Mum she had a call from the hospital and that Mum must ring immediately.

She did.

Granddad died that morning at 2.30am. A nurse that was with him said she could hear him talking about waiting for someone.

My grandparents were married for over 60 years and were devout Christians.

If there isn't an unspoken bond after that amount of time, when would there be?

20 years later, he came for her and both are at rest, together. She was 101.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.