Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Morton-Jones Family update

The Morton-Jones Family update

Old May 5th 2006, 12:12 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default The Morton-Jones Family update

Hi all,

Just a quick update to say that life here down under on the Gold Coast is just amazing.

The weather, the beach, the BBQ's, the people........just fantastic and we would not swap any of it for the UK life that we left behind.

We have been looking at buying acreage and building a house on the land which we hope to secure over the next few weeks.

Life here just gets better and although we have only been here for just over a month, we have absolutely no intentions of coming back to the UK.

Jobs here, well there are loads to choose from, even if you are looking at a career change. I have just started to look for work, had a few interviews but not in too rush to get back to work yet.

Trish is now a lady of leisure and loving every minute. the kids are at school and enjoy the kangaroos and koalas in the school grounds. Callum has flown back to the UK to sit his GCSE exams and will be back with us at the end of June.

For those who are thinking of moving to Oz......all i can say is that you will not regret it!!!!!

Rob, Trish, Callum, Georgia & Tia
Old May 5th 2006, 12:20 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Morton-Jones Family update

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Hi all,

Just a quick update to say that life here down under on the Gold Coast is just amazing.

The weather, the beach, the BBQ's, the people........just fantastic and we would not swap any of it for the UK life that we left behind.

We have been looking at buying acreage and building a house on the land which we hope to secure over the next few weeks.

Life here just gets better and although we have only been here for just over a month, we have absolutely no intentions of coming back to the UK.

Jobs here, well there are loads to choose from, even if you are looking at a career change. I have just started to look for work, had a few interviews but not in too rush to get back to work yet.

Trish is now a lady of leisure and loving every minute. the kids are at school and enjoy the kangaroos and koalas in the school grounds. Callum has flown back to the UK to sit his GCSE exams and will be back with us at the end of June.

For those who are thinking of moving to Oz......all i can say is that you will not regret it!!!!!

Great to see your enjoying it mate , nice one
Old May 5th 2006, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

LOVERLY-hope it continues. Denise
Old May 5th 2006, 12:46 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

hiya rob, thats great news, i was following your threads back in the UK!! we have been here for two months now, and feel exactly the same as you, absolutely love it here and cant ever see ourselves going back to UK, as for career change we, have both done that too, my husband was in IT and Sales and now he drives a forklift!!! works nine to five and loves it, no stress no worries, i was in management and have now decided to try my hand at hairdressing!!! its bloody brilliant lol
my son loves school, even though they cant understand his broad northern accent and all seems good, havent suffered from homesickness at all (not sure if thats good or bad) and cant wait to wake up every morning and start a new day!!
regards to your family, glad you got here at long last!!
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Great to see your enjoying it mate , nice one
Old May 5th 2006, 12:47 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

ps. gold coast meet on sunday if you are interested - at labrador!!
regards
vb2
Old May 5th 2006, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one

Glad that its all working out for you

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we love it here too Cant wait to visit more places in Australia and take in all its wonders!

Must be lovely for your hubby to have a less stressful job! See, it is possible!

My you continue to enjoy your new lives!

Have a good weekend

Gill
Old May 5th 2006, 1:17 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hi Rob,

I was wondering how you were getting on !! Glad to hear you are all settling in well, keep us updated

fee x
Old May 5th 2006, 1:40 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

delighted for all of ye.

seems like ages ago i was asking how your aplication was going.

best of luck
Old May 5th 2006, 7:48 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're settling well Rob.
Long may it last
Julie. x
Old May 5th 2006, 8:37 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Great news, glad you and fam are enjoying it and have 'settled in'. Hope it all works out for ya.
Hope to meet up with you guys when we finally get there.
Good Luck with your new life down under

Suni & Jay
Old May 5th 2006, 8:45 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

I can't tell you how much I love to read posts like yours! Thanks for that! I hope your wonderful life continues for ever!

Jackie x
Old May 5th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Great post yours was the first that I read today and has cheered me up a lot.I needed to read that.Having one of those days where Iam getting all nostalgic and thinking am I doing the right thing kinda Days.So glad to hear the kids have settled as that's my main concern.Good ON YAH! MAY THE GOOD LIFE CONTINUE.
Old May 8th 2006, 11:53 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Just a quick reminder that we will try and update our website as and when we can (Click on the link below) as we do like to share our new life with everyone which also serves as a great way to help those who are thinking of making the move to this wonderful country

Rob, Trish, callum, Georgia & Tia
Old May 9th 2006, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Oh but do remember we are headin for Winter when it gets REALLY cold! ...

Glad it's all goin well, it IS lovely here isn't it! ...