Mortgages

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:12 am
Just Joined

StanUK will become famous soon enough
Default Mortgages

Hi there, I guess this is aimed at those of you who have settled out in OZ already. I was wondering how long it took before you were eligible to get a mortgage over there. Obviously you need to be in employment, but I'm heading out there towards the end of the year, selling my place and was wondering how long it will be before I can get on the ladder over there
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Mortgages

Originally Posted by StanUK
Hi there, I guess this is aimed at those of you who have settled out in OZ already. I was wondering how long it took before you were eligible to get a mortgage over there. Obviously you need to be in employment, but I'm heading out there towards the end of the year, selling my place and was wondering how long it will be before I can get on the ladder over there
You don't have to have a job to get a morgage here. Just a good deposit.
We were only here 6 weeks and got a morgage. No jobs, no references. But good deposit.
Unfortunately interest rates gone up about 10 times since we bought, so my morgage is a killer for a small amount we borrowed. Be careful.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
You don't have to have a job to get a morgage here. Just a good deposit.
We were only here 6 weeks and got a morgage. No jobs, no references. But good deposit.
Unfortunately interest rates gone up about 10 times since we bought, so my morgage is a killer for a small amount we borrowed. Be careful.
ok so they don't do credit checks and such, the deposit does the talking?

thanks for your help
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

thanks for your help
Yes and yes.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

thanks for your help
They definately do do credit checks.

There are only 3 criteria that concern the lenders...

1. Income
2. Deposit
3. Good Credit.

1 and 2 can be counter-balanced with each other, eg high deposit / low income and vice versa. Realisitically, you are looking at around 30-40% deposiit with n little or no income.

Of course, if you are emlpoyed then it all changes and reliance on a large deposit is less.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by longreach

1. Income
2. Deposit
3. Good Credit.

1 and 2 can be counter-balanced with each other, eg high deposit / low income and vice versa. Realisitically, you are looking at around 30-40% deposiit with n little or no income.

Of course, if you are emlpoyed then it all changes and reliance on a large deposit is less.

do they pull your cerdit over from the UK then or do you start afresh?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:42 am
Account Closed

do they pull your cerdit over from the UK then or do you start afresh?
They start a fresh. I had no credit checks at all. Suppose it depends on the lender. Mine was a low-doc.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

swallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to allswallowbride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by longreach

1. Income
2. Deposit
3. Good Credit.

hi, would 40,000 oz dollars be considered s good deposit or would you say more?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by swallowbride
hi, would 40,000 oz dollars be considered s good deposit or would you say more?
Depends on how much you're borrowing. We put down $170,000 cash. They loved us.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

we had nightmare getting a morgage, between us we was bring in $2,600 per week and we had over $30,000 to put down but no one would give us the time of day even our own bank.in the end we got sorted only because we went for a cheaper place(less to borrow) $215,00 2 bed unit.the main reason they wouldnt lend us because im self employed and girlfriend is casual
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Our (future) lender wants evidence of 'saving' behaviour so open a savings account as soon as you get here and start putting a little by each week......
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

we're a bit more of a standard house buyer, we bought a house at £181'000 on the gold coast and we went to westpac and put down £30'000... my hubby had a proven income as he had worked foir the same company for 16 years ( he still worked for them via the internet in oz), which they asked for references, i was casual p/t but the mortgage was pretty straight forward (much more than uk), and much more secure, the worst thing was we didnt realise we could have a mortagage straight away and wasted $10,000 renting, what a gutter!!!!! but i think it depends on which type visa you have,,,, good luck! and feel free to ask any more+
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:51 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

If you get an ABN (Aussie Business Number) as you would if you were going to be self employed you can get a no-docs home loan but at a high interest rate -ours is currently 9.6%

Depends how desperately you want to get on that ladder!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

longreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud oflongreach has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JoolsB
If you get an ABN (Aussie Business Number) as you would if you were going to be self employed you can get a no-docs home loan but at a high interest rate -ours is currently 9.6%

Depends how desperately you want to get on that ladder!
Holly bananas batman... you need to re-finance!!!!

The majority of low-doc loans I put through are around 8.87%
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eddie007
Our (future) lender wants evidence of 'saving' behaviour so open a savings account as soon as you get here and start putting a little by each week......
2 things....

1. If you go with the right bank this is not required
2. If you have funds that you have brought over from the UK like most of us this shouldn't be a problem anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.