Reload this Page >

Mortgage question

Mortgage question

Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mortgage question

Hi all,

Anyone know how we go about getting a credit rating in order to apply for a mortgage?

Thanks

Wendy
Old Mar 29th 2004, 12:26 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Turn up......

From what I have read previously on here its just a case of the job you get (or both get), the money you take with you and the like.

Pretty much what you would be assessed on over here. The lending companies will be aware you a migrant and so may be cautious but may be welcoming. Just suck it and see.

I would get there and get settled in before rushing to buy. Plenty of rentals out there to house you all.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:33 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mortgage question

Originally posted by Off2Oz
Hi all,

Anyone know how we go about getting a credit rating in order to apply for a mortgage?

Thanks

Wendy
You just have to have a permanant job to get a mortgage. Don't take anything out on credit before you apply, they like you to be debt free.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Off2Oz1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks a lot guys.
Old Mar 29th 2004, 2:35 pm
Gary / Terri

Gary / Terri is on a distinguished road

FYI you don't even need a job, you will need some funds to put down and providing you can show a credit line ( maybe some excess property equity) then you are fine at least this is with HSBC and I suppose it helps if you bank with them in the UK...I just knew one day my bank would come in useful...good old HSBC I say!!!!!
Gary / Terri