Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Morgans Spiced Rum

Morgans Spiced Rum

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

lock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the rough
Default Morgans Spiced Rum

Has anyone seen Morgans Spiced Rum for sale anywhere in Oz ?? (not the regular dark rum) ????????

It's another thing I really miss ..

Paul
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:17 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Morgans Spiced Rum

Originally Posted by lock collector
Has anyone seen Morgans Spiced Rum for sale anywhere in Oz ?? (not the regular dark rum) ????????

Paul

Paul

My hubby drinks it and we found it in a bar in Melbourne. Can't remember the name of the bar but it was like a chemistry lab. If you want me to get the name of the bar I can do.

We tried to buy it in Dan Murphys but they don't stock it.

Jo
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

lock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by joh117
Paul

My hubby drinks it and we found it in a bar in Melbourne. Can't remember the name of the bar but it was like a chemistry lab. If you want me to get the name of the bar I can do.

We tried to buy it in Dan Murphys but they don't stock it.

Jo
It might be handy, I am keen enough to call them and ask where they get it from ...

Paul
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:32 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Why not ask the Captain himself:

http://www.captainmorgan.com/CMWebAp...owContactUs.do
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Tried that they say it's not sold in Australia.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:55 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

It might be handy, I am keen enough to call them and ask where they get it from ...

Paul

It was the Croft Institute see the following website for the number

http://www.miettas.com/Australia/Vic...Institute.html

If you find out let me know as I know my hubby would like to get a bottle or two as its his fav drink.

Jo
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:06 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'm with you Paul, Ive hunted high & low for Morgans Spiced. Afraid the Bundy doesn't come close.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'm with you Paul, Ive hunted high & low for Morgans Spiced. Afraid the Bundy doesn't come close.
At the moment next supplies will probably arrive in February - when the rellies arrive for their hols from the UK
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:11 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment next supplies will probably arrive in February - when the rellies arrive for their hols from the UK

You could always ask these guys:

http://www.bucketheadclub.com.au/rec...rgarita/03.htm

It'a an Australian company/product suggesting a recipe including Morgan's Spiced Rum - they must be getting it from somewhere
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:30 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Can't be too difficult to replicate. Your local Brew-Yer-Own-At-Home shop should have a multitude of flavorings you can add to ordinary rum if all else fails. I prefer sweet brandy - 70 g sugar / 700 ml does the trick for me.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Re: Morgans Spiced Rum

Paul

SHOCKER !!! Can't believe this !! I have dreamt about my first moments in Oz and all of them included a great big tall Morgans spiced rum , loads of ice and coke.
OMG , what am I gonna do ?
Will have to move onto girly drink like malibu and pineapple or something I suppose !!!! LOL !!! :scared:

Tass.
P.S. How much can I bring with me in the case or whatever ?