Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

morgage before you go

morgage before you go

Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about
Default morgage before you go

Hi
read in a book that its bettere to get a mortgage in princiapl from an aussie bank whilst still in the uk - anyone any experience of this?
cheers
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:35 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: morgage before you go

Cant see why jump through hoops to do that when its just as easy to apply when you are actually here, have Australian employment and largely your just going to have to repeat yourself and answer the same lot of questions when you buy as your circumstances will have changed.

You should understand that migrants to Australia are recognised as being fairly common (being a country full) so its really no dramas getting your mortgage sorted here. In fact I find the process of buying a house in Queensland refreshingly simple.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

sush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: morgage before you go

Me and my partner are moving to Adelaide next year..... and leaving the UK in Feb. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have been before and what a great place and great people!!

My partner is in the building industry, so just wanted to know if there are any of you in the same occupation going to Adelaide ?