Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More supermarket prices

Wikiposts

More supermarket prices

Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:18 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
4 New Tyres for a Daewoo Nubira, with balancing - $ 309.00

I wish I hadn't had to find this bit out !!
FWIW, UK comparison, the other week I bought 2 new tyres (moderate grade) for VW golf + balancing = 80 quid (about $210 at today's FX rate).

Anya.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:22 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Just to get back to Larissa's first question, can anyone tell us the price of a good factor suncream and kiddies suncream. Come on chaps, you must have bought some!! Sorry if this has already been answered.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:28 pm
ABCDiamond

An example or two here:

Auscreen Sunscreen New Gen Spf30+ 500ml $10.99

Homebrand Sunscreen Lotion Spf30+ 1l $12.51

Triplegard Uv Sunscreen Spf30+ 250ml $17.16

Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Most of the supermarkets down here have online stores you can browse to check the prices.

Coles

Woolworths

Another

I would think the prices are the same as actually in store.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:31 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

Many thanks, ABC. I was expecting it to be much higher, after all, they kind of have you over a barrel about suncream. That's not a bad price at all.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ABC, I will wait till I arrive to buy some stocks for Aus...
I was also wondering how much children's sunsuits are, the ones which block out the sun, but let their skin breathe. I think I saw a pic of the Dagboys wearing them and they look like a good idea. I bought one in Boots and it was quite expensive (£12).
Other things would be children's sandals, shoes, t-shirts etc. as I'm not sure whether to stock up here or not.
Thankyou!
Larissa
Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:44 pm
ABCDiamond

Black lace up school shoes for an 8 year old $39.95 Grosby Brand

Mens Black shoes "Clarks" I always bought them when I came back to UK !! I was fussy with my shoes.

Old Jun 13th 2004, 7:49 pm
ABCDiamond

This weeks "Target" Catalogue:
http://www.target.com.au/html/catalogue/1064p14.htm

This weeks "K-Mart" Catalogue
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/de...m?ss_no=5&ct=9

Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:36 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

Larissa, I always "do" the Next sale, and I'm planning on going to the next one in July. I think for the few extra pounds worth of shipping, it will be worth it.

Also, I shop in Pumpkin Patch in UK, but they are an NZ/Oz based company. They do fantastic kiddies clothes, especially younger ones and they are very reasonable, similar to Next and a very good quality. They do have an Oz website for you to look at.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vicky
Must admit to loving the next sale, more for our clothes than the kids. They seem to wash so much better than the cheaper stores!
Do you know when the July sale is?
We don't have Pumpkin Patch around here, I might have a nose in Adams.
See ya
Larissa
Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Black lace up school shoes for an 8 year old $39.95 Grosby Brand

Mens Black shoes "Clarks" I always bought them when I came back to UK !! I was fussy with my shoes.
They seem quite pricey :scared: must get shoes before we go. Thanks!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 8:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

This weeks "Target" Catalogue:
http://www.target.com.au/html/catalogue/1064p14.htm

This weeks "K-Mart" Catalogue
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/de...m?ss_no=5&ct=9
i bet they dont mention in the Catalogue that u need to wait hours to get served. the bar codes fall off ! then u need to wait while they phone someone for help. they dont know the price either and it goes round and round like this for ages.
oops there i go gettin all worked up about a shop
stay away from Target. it will drive u mental. like me:scared:
Old Jun 13th 2004, 9:01 pm
ABCDiamond

Soapy
I've never had that problem myself, they have self scanning pricing machines where we are. Obviously though, if the bar code has gone, forget it

Old Jun 13th 2004, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Just on the theme of supermarkets, this is something you probably wouldn't see at Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's et al. This is taken at the supermarket at Mirboo North in Victoria.

OzTennis
Attached Thumbnails More supermarket prices-supermarket-mirboo-north.jpg  
Old Jun 13th 2004, 9:46 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

Originally posted by OzTennis
Just on the theme of supermarkets, this is something you probably wouldn't see at Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's et al. This is taken at the supermarket at Mirboo North in Victoria.

OzTennis

Makes a change from the dogs that you usually see!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.