Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More to Australia than the beach.....

More to Australia than the beach.....

Old Nov 4th 2007, 9:58 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default More to Australia than the beach.....

Went for a bike run today into the hinterland around Boonah and the Queen Mary falls absolutely breathtaking scenery,just thought i'd share
Attached Thumbnails More to Australia than the beach.....-pb040163.jpg   More to Australia than the beach.....-pb040167.jpg   More to Australia than the beach.....-pb040170.jpg  
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: More to Australia than the beach.....

I totally agree There is some wonderful countryside/hinterland, just like your pics I lived near the beach in South Australia but rarely went to any of them. I did like to park the car on the clifftops and watch the Southern Right whales though
OH and I went to Queensland earlier this year for a two week holiday and we just loved the hinterland
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:34 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

fantastic !! How great are they?!

My son desperate to see a proper electric storm! LOL!

(note to self: must have a look on youtube...) unless anyone has a good link? *hint hint*

Em x
Old Nov 4th 2007, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Went for a bike run today into the hinterland around Boonah and the Queen Mary falls absolutely breathtaking scenery,just thought i'd share
Lovely pics, looks fab! So looking forward to getting chance to explore & see all that Oz has to offer. Such diversity!
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

(note to self: must have a look on youtube...) unless anyone has a good link? *hint hint*

Em x
http://www.bsch.au.com/
Mostly still photos, but its a start
Old Nov 4th 2007, 11:45 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

Em x
< loves electrical storms...

in 2005 there I was, mid november /december watching this storm... come in from the west...

In Oz, you can watch them come from a distance.. which is cool...

anyway..

been a stinker hot day, really humid....

watched the storm come towards us... lightening swirling around, thunder claps that would shake the fillings from your chops...

the wind picks up, and then BANG !!!

the storm hit us faster than i could get back to the patio door.. i mean really hit...

so much so it ripped the shade cloth over the pool clean from the poles..

then the hail hit.. and well...

THANKFULLY we had EAVES !

I emerged inside the house some 10 misn later... looking like a drowned rat, with a grin so big lol.. was pathetic.

Its COOL!