Moral Dilemma

Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road
Default Moral Dilemma

Hi,

I have a moral dilemma.

Myself and my family are in the process of making the move but something keeps nigiling in my mind, the reasons we are wanting to move to Aus and what it would entail. Let me elaborate.

My wife and I work Very Long hours to service a home and our family, we have nothing left at the end of each month to save, but we would say we have a decent standard of living.

But in the town where we live, we are surrounded by families living on handouts from the goverment. While the money they have coming in is no where near what we have coming into our house its the other benefits (no council tax, rent paid no car needed as they don't work) that bring them closer to the standard of living that we work hard for.

We also live in an high Muslim area and while being far from racist its a fact in our town that when they move into an area the house prices fall. Also they have the council over a barrel for example a muslim community where given brand new large (5/6 Beds) council properties because their current terrace housing was condemed, and after a short while the council had to modify a big percentage of the houses because the downstairs toilets where facing mecca (not the bingo). I just feel that the goverment/local council will bend over backwards to help people who don't want to help themselves or don't want to intergrate into the UK way of life, but rather impose their own culture on ours.

This is a small example of the things that "get Done" for one community over the other. Now all Britain is currently waking up to the immigrant Crisis the Polish are currently moving over in droves and this is going to be followed by Bulgarian's soon. I amongst others I talk to are concerned about this.

Now while the Immigration movement into the UK is of concern the fact that I am thinking of making the Move to Aus means that I am basically doing the same thing. I am speaking against what I am doing myself. I am moving to another country to make a better life for my Family!! Is this not just what they are doing by moving to the UK.

Contencious I know but If the above make's any sense or you have opinions for or against please feel free to make comment.

Last edited by MikeSplicer; Oct 17th 2007 at 1:50 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:58 pm
done and dusted

maverik1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moral Dilemma

well, i can certainly draw parallels with your situation, whilst its not our prime motivator, it is a factor, and living in burnley its practically the same situation as you face
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Becky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to allBecky723359 is a name known to all

I don't think you should worry so much.

Do you begrudge or respect those who migrate and work to get what they want?

My view is if someone wants to move countries for whatever reason. If they work and put into the system/economy there I aint got a problem with that.

I do have an issue with people thinking we should pay for them to enjoy life and not work.

I could be a little biased on this subject my granddad came across upto Scotland after the war but worked all his life and brought 7 decent kids up, who work and there kids work - alot did this and no one has a problem with that.
Although I wish he'd decided to go to Oz instead would have saved me alot of trouble.

Becky
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[
Becky[/QUOTE]

With 5 million inactive people in the UK why do we need to import migrants the size of Birmingham every year ?

Why travel through the borders of many countries to get to UK ?

Sooner i'm out the better.

Dread this country in another 20 yrs

Dave
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:52 pm
Aussie in Hertfordshire

moocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant futuremoocow has a brilliant future

if you want to move to Australia to be an Australian and enjoy an Australian way of life then you will be fine. If you are moving just for the welfare and not interested in integrating into society then forget it.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 2:58 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moocow
if you want to move to Australia to be an Australian and enjoy an Australian way of life then you will be fine. If you are moving just for the welfare and not interested in integrating into society then forget it.
if that is true then i will no longer have the wobbles and am a very happy bunny!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

MikeSplicer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by moocow

Think this is where the argument differs There is no chance of anyone from UK moving to Aus then claiming benefits it just doesnt seem possible (or am I wrong).

Also the Aus PM certainly made his view's known when he said this....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...283978611.html

I am looking to move to escape the spinless authority of whats going on in the UK but sometimes feel more like a rat deserting the sinking ship.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

how are you going to change it, no-one has a voice these days ,

if you say something your classed as racist homophobic or a dickhead and a twt as someone called me before.....on this forum....

mr brown and blair have ensure the working class of the coutnry are now completed stitiched up for a long time.

Originally Posted by MikeSplicer
Think this is where the argument differs There is no chance of anyone from UK moving to Aus then claiming benefits it just doesnt seem possible (or am I wrong).

Also the Aus PM certainly made his view's known when he said this....

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...283978611.html

I am looking to move to escape the spinless authority of whats going on in the UK but sometimes feel more like a rat deserting the sinking ship.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:05 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by on a mission
how are you going to change it, no-one has a voice these days ,

if you say something your classed as racist homophobic or a dickhead and a twt as someone called me before.....on this forum....

mr brown and blair have ensure the working class of the coutnry are now completed stitiched up for a long time.
it wasnt on this forum it was the MBTTUK forum.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
it wasnt on this forum it was the MBTTUK forum.
sorry this is true, it was on the MBTTUK forum under "welcome back pics"

I posted that out of innocence and interest to see if anyone would concur it was miserable in my travellssss, didnt think I would be subject to foul abuse and awful swearing.... but there you go,

you can take the girl out of the Uk, but not the UK out of the girl I suppose.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:21 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Hi,

I have a moral dilemma.

Myself and my family are in the process of making the move but something keeps nigiling in my mind, the reasons we are wanting to move to Aus and what it would entail. Let me elaborate.

My wife and I work Very Long hours to service a home and our family, we have nothing left at the end of each month to save, but we would say we have a decent standard of living.

But in the town where we live, we are surrounded by families living on handouts from the goverment. While the money they have coming in is no where near what we have coming into our house its the other benefits (no council tax, rent paid no car needed as they don't work) that bring them closer to the standard of living that we work hard for.

We also live in an high Muslim area and while being far from racist its a fact in our town that when they move into an area the house prices fall. Also they have the council over a barrel for example a muslim community where given brand new large (5/6 Beds) council properties because their current terrace housing was condemed, and after a short while the council had to modify a big percentage of the houses because the downstairs toilets where facing mecca (not the bingo). I just feel that the goverment/local council will bend over backwards to help people who don't want to help themselves or don't want to intergrate into the UK way of life, but rather impose their own culture on ours.

This is a small example of the things that "get Done" for one community over the other. Now all Britain is currently waking up to the immigrant Crisis the Polish are currently moving over in droves and this is going to be followed by Bulgarian's soon. I amongst others I talk to are concerned about this.

Now while the Immigration movement into the UK is of concern the fact that I am thinking of making the Move to Aus means that I am basically doing the same thing. I am speaking against what I am doing myself. I am moving to another country to make a better life for my Family!! Is this not just what they are doing by moving to the UK.

Contencious I know but If the above make's any sense or you have opinions for or against please feel free to make comment.
I don't see it as a moral dilemma at all. You are voicing your opinions as you are entitled to do. Each country has different policies on immigration and wellfare payments. As an immigrant to Australia you will not be given handouts in the way that happens in the UK.

You want a better life for yourself and your family. There is nothing wrong with that. Put these niggling thoughts behind you and concentrate on what you and your family want. Life is what you make it.

I can only talk for myself but my quality of life has improved immeasurably since coming to Oz.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 3:24 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that I can relate to some of the feelings expressed by the OP. Not so much about feeling guilty about emigrating as I don’t, but certainly about what is currently happening in the UK. I certainly have no objection to people coming here, working hard and contributing to society. But just today a government report has stated yet again that resources in this country are stretched to breaking point and with 100’s of people arriving on a daily basis how the heck do we think we can keep going? It’s getting more and more frustrating trying to find a dentist, a plumber, a seat on the tube. You have to queue for everything, pay for everything (like a pee!! ) and the feeling of space I felt in Australia is what’s making me go back there to live. Yes, I may be a rat deserting a sinking ship but I'm also one less person taking up a space in London and as far as I'm concerned, I only have one life and Oz is the place to live it.

T
Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to allmum01753 is a name known to all

This is how we also feel but what can you do stay and be miserable or go and hope for a better life for your family.

Personal i will be glad to intergrate into the ozzie community wouldnt want to change it and am happy to work for the lifestyle.

Old Oct 17th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

[/QUOTE]I can only talk for myself but my quality of life has improved immeasurably since coming to Oz. [/QUOTE]

The Woodcutter

As somebody who is trying to make the decision to move to Oz, in what way has it improved your quality of life as you say..

(Sorry if this is going off the main theme of the thread.)

Mark
Old Oct 17th 2007, 5:42 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Now all Britain is currently waking up to the immigrant Crisis the Polish are currently moving over in droves and this is going to be followed by Bulgarian's soon. I amongst others I talk to are concerned about this.
Crisis? What crisis? I have not suddenly woken up to the immigrant crisis. My local shop sells provisions for Polish people, is that a crisis? Don't worry me.

I'm leading my life as I see fit. I don't care what others get as handouts.

Balls to em all I say.

This is my life, I will make things happen for me as best for me and my loved one.

Where is the dilema? Get on with your lives within your family unit, don't pay lip service to a lot of the media stirring. Actually the Daily Mail was saying that east European workers are more reliable than home grown workers (saw that on the front page today at the chip shop).

So what, the govt. are a pile of poo, the next lot will be too. Let them do what they want, and you do what you want. Besides lets face it we all like to moan about Govt policies but luckily we still tend to get on with our lives without them effecting us most of the time (we all hate paying taxes etc).

And soon you're be in Oz moaning about similar things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.