Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Montfort International - anyone used them?

Montfort International - anyone used them?

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Bundaberg the land of Rum from south wales the land of song!
bundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nicebundybell is just really nice
Default Re: Montfort International - anyone used them?

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Rang him today to say we weren't going to hire him. Got a lot of spiel about how they developed the whole process etc. Then asked why we weren't going ahead. I explained that I had researched further and consulted you good folk and guess what, apparently there are people on this site who are paid to bad-mouth companies like his . So, if any of you are in the pay of a person or company that runs down others, please 'fess up now!

I think we have had a lucky escape.

BTW, won't be surprised if GLD comes on now to check up on what's going on so am going to unsubscribe from thread as I really have no interest in what he may have to say!
he wont give up he will keep ringing for weeks
good luck
Teryna
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Like lots of you, I have found them very, very pushy and they couldn't actually help with what we wanted, so tried to ignore that and 'sell' the more profitable bits. For all I know, they might be great at what they do, but even if they are, their hard sell techniques make me think they are unprofessional and personally, I would not deal with them.

If only they didn't come across as salesmen but instead came across as professional advisors, I suspect they would be far more successful.....
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

holsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to allholsie0 is a name known to all

A friend recommended them to us so we have not had the hard sell most people are eluding to.
So far very good service.
like most things some people will have negative experiences whilst others will benefit so good luck what ever you choose to do.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:14 am
Just Joined

summertime 345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
We are contemplating using this company to sort out all our financial affairs between the UK and Oz (pensions, UK mortgage, endowments etc). Has anyone used them? What are your opinions on them?

If you used an International Financial Advisor, who did you use? Would you recommend them and were they expensive? These guys are wanting £1200 +VAT!

Thanks!
I used this company a while back and received no specific service of any value whatsoever. I later discovered that they were not offering to do anything that I couldn't have done myself. I strongly recommend that you manage your affairs yourself. This company are the same as all the other ("financial advisors") sharks who are only interested in getting as big a slice of your financial pie as possible- they aren't interested in your financial welfare - only theirs. I lost over 2 thousand pounds in cash to this company. I have no conflict of interest in posting this message (like getting paid to do so)