Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Montfort International - any good?

Montfort International - any good?

Old Mar 6th 2004, 10:54 am
Banned

Ozbound7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Montfort International - any good?

Does anyone have anything good to say about them?
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:03 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a guy from them (Garant Bernard or something or other was his name) and he tried to give me the hard sell on the phone the other night. I did contact them some time ago just to have a chat about what they did but decided not to go with them.

He was full on with the hard sell and laying it on quite thick about the tax issues and that I may be silly if I let things slide. I was quite put off by his whole mannerism and it was only after he wittered on for a while that I told him I had chosen a different company.

So I am not daft about my tax issues and the whole financial side of things I just chose not to go with them. So Montfort for me was not my choice. I dare say there are many others out there that have used them though.

I am using Darion Pohl or Prism Xpat Financial Planning at the mo and he is good.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:10 am
Banned

Ozbound7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ianj
I had a guy from them (Garant Bernard or something or other was his name) and he tried to give me the hard sell on the phone the other night. I did contact them some time ago just to have a chat about what they did but decided not to go with them.

He was full on with the hard sell and laying it on quite thick about the tax issues and that I may be silly if I let things slide. I was quite put off by his whole mannerism and it was only after he wittered on for a while that I told him I had chosen a different company.

So I am not daft about my tax issues and the whole financial side of things I just chose not to go with them. So Montfort for me was not my choice. I dare say there are many others out there that have used them though.

I am using Darion Pohl or Prism Xpat Financial Planning at the mo and he is good.
I tried him with a simple test question which he could not answer.
Old Mar 6th 2004, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

unfortunately, he hasn't sold himself too well on here.
His first post post was a bit sharp and not very well thought out, followed by a sales pitch right out of the David brent school of advertising.
I have had no dealings with them, so can give no information on what their service is like.
Perhaps others know more favourable tales than I.

Good luck,
Will
Old Mar 6th 2004, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Search for previous threds on here and look up contributions from'gld'.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 2:43 pm
Banned

jumbo will become famous soon enoughjumbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Montfort International - any good?

Originally posted by Ozbound7
Does anyone have anything good to say about them?
Having met geraint on his stand at emigrate 2004 I will not be using or recommending him.

He is an arrogant welsh windbag who would not listen to what I wanted but only what he wanted. He kept trying to use scare tactics which were not based on current facts. For instance saying that my pension funds would issue a cheque for transfers which would take 6 weeks to clear (being in £ and need to clear on return to UK) by which time the exchange rate would have fallen. In fact they do either electronic transfer or issue A$ cheques depending on the receiving schemes.

I shall be taking up these and his other comments with the FSA as he is supposed to be regulated in the UK.

He also talked of his secret method which sounds highly suspect

Last edited by jumbo; Mar 21st 2004 at 2:46 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:09 am
Just Joined

GoodwinFS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Montfort International - any good?

Guys, I don't know what service you were trying to get from this guy but I guess you were not happy. All Australian Licenced advisers fall under the FSRA rules. If you think that someone has not acted professionally or has tried to scheme you into buying a product without full disclosure there are avenues to investigate.

Regards
George Caredes
[email protected]

If you need help in transfering funds to Australia, just give me a buzz and i will see if I can assist you. Email is above.

Originally posted by jumbo
Having met geraint on his stand at emigrate 2004 I will not be using or recommending him.

He is an arrogant welsh windbag who would not listen to what I wanted but only what he wanted. He kept trying to use scare tactics which were not based on current facts. For instance saying that my pension funds would issue a cheque for transfers which would take 6 weeks to clear (being in £ and need to clear on return to UK) by which time the exchange rate would have fallen. In fact they do either electronic transfer or issue A$ cheques depending on the receiving schemes.

I shall be taking up these and his other comments with the FSA as he is supposed to be regulated in the UK.

He also talked of his secret method which sounds highly suspect