Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Montfort Global Financial Planning

Montfort Global Financial Planning

Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Montfort Global Financial Planning

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has used this company's services and whether or not they were satisfied. They are based in Surrey UK
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:53 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Montfort Global Financial Planning

I thought the name of this company rang a bell so did a quick search for past posts on here and the oz immigration forum. Have a read through the links below.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=montfort
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=montfort

Old Jan 30th 2005, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian12
I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has used this company's services and whether or not they were satisfied. They are based in Surrey UK

Thanks for the information. They made interesting reading and confirmed my impressions. Is there anyone reading this who has successfully complained about Montfort to the relevant professional bodies? We are several thousand pounds lighter thanks to them.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:40 pm
Professional Princess

In light of the laws of the Defamation Act, I wont say a word.

JUST> :scared: :scared:

Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:54 pm
Professional Princess

Right, bearing in mind the right of free speech could be vetted on this site, I shall say this:

Please do not change your pension/transfer it without taking free professional advice first.

You should not have to pay for this.

Do not transfer your pension to Australia whilst you are still in the UK.

Do not believe it if a person tells you 'Its the best thing to do, I know you WILL get to Australia so its best to transfer pensions now'.

Do not sign anything at all until you have taken some impartial advice.

People should not phone you at home touting for business.

And if you go to any Aussie Expo's etc, and fill in forms, ask to take leaflets away and do not give out your phone number.

Financial planning for your migration process is a huge decision, please dont rush into anything until you have spoken to someone.

And by speaking to someone, I mean someone that won't have a financial gain from what you decide.

Because if a financial advisor has to phone you up at home to promise you something that sounds too good to be true, that's because it probably is.

And for the record, I know that Alan of Go Matilda www.gomatilda.com, gives financial advice and has no intention of ripping people off either.

Disclaimer

I have not slagged anyone off, defamed them or otherwise. This statement is not slander. It is practical advice.

I havent named any person or any company and any relation to any company is purely coincidental. So if you want to complain to Expats site owners about this thread, then think hard.

Because whilst you may think you have the right to do that, we also have the right to speak the truth about what we see and what happens to us when our finances are affected.

Our migration application, our money, our lives and our rights to stop someone cocking it up for us.

Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:00 pm
Banned

Nogo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Right, bearing in mind the right of free speech could be vetted on this site, I shall say this:

Please do not change your pension/transfer it without taking free professional advice first.

You should not have to pay for this.

Do not transfer your pension to Australia whilst you are still in the UK.

Do not believe it if a person tells you 'Its the best thing to do, I know you WILL get to Australia so its best to transfer pensions now'.

Do not sign anything at all until you have taken some impartial advice.

People should not phone you at home touting for business.

And if you go to any Aussie Expo's etc, and fill in forms, ask to take leaflets away and do not give out your phone number.

Financial planning for your migration process is a huge decision, please dont rush into anything until you have spoken to someone.

And by speaking to someone, I mean someone that won't have a financial gain from what you decide.

Because if a financial advisor has to phone you up at home to promise you something that sounds too good to be true, that's because it probably is.

And for the record, I know that Alan of Go Matilda www.gomatilda.com, gives financial advice and has no intention of ripping people off either.

Disclaimer

I have not slagged anyone off, defamed them or otherwise. This statement is not slander. It is practical advice.

I havent named any person or any company and any relation to any company is purely coincidental. So if you want to complain to Expats site owners about this thread, then think hard.

Because whilst you may think you have the right to do that, we also have the right to speak the truth about what we see and what happens to us when our finances are affected.

Our migration application, our money, our lives and our rights to stop someone cocking it up for us.

Just for information you cannot transfer a UK pension to Australia unless you are an Australian tax resident.

Also no one should ever even think of using Montfort.

Regards
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:33 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Nogo
Just for information you cannot transfer a UK pension to Australia unless you are an Australian tax resident.

Also no one should ever even think of using Montfort.

Regards

This is where I was given the wrong infomation by the idiot that saw fit to phone me up.

Telling me to come ASAP for an appointment and 'sign some forms' and sort out the pension stuff now.

Good job I didnt.

Because the person in question did tell me to do exactly that.

I dont think it is at all fair that these people can do this but the minute someone writes about their own TRUE experiences, it is classed as defamation.

Bollocks that's what I say.

And if you see yourself in this statement, please lose my phone number. because I made a mistake in the day I filled in your form.

And I am more than happy with my agent and would rather stick pins up my arse than change.

No names mentioned, no nothing.

Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:36 pm
Professional Princess

Thread bumped.

Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Thread bumped.
Why was the thread bumped?
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:20 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

We were also offered the services of this company (foolishly I left my mobile No. at Sandown), the big push was on for us to go for a no obligation chat. Alarm bells started to ring, can't remember exactly what GD said but it made me stop and think. Still not sure who we'll be using to sort pensions and the like out but it definitely won't be them.
Sarah
Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:26 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Absolutely hopeless advice, read right through the sales blurb etc and they rang and rang and rang! in the end had to be rude to the guy

Steer clear folks, use either a bank (HSBC or Commonwealth Bank etc) or a professional International financial advisor.

Good luck

Paul J
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:10 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

People sometimes bump a thread back up to the top so everyone else has a chance to comment on it.
Old Jan 31st 2005, 1:35 pm
Professional Princess

Why was the thread bumped?
The reason why I bumped this thread is because checking on earlier posts, people have as they have said 'been several thousand pounds lighter'.

The more people are aware of how to be careful when dealing with ANY financial company, the less chance there will be of others losing their hard earned cash.

And as I mentioned, I am not defaming anyone nor am I naming anyone. I am just saying that people have the right to post their experiences on here and others have the right to read it to make an informed decision.

Im not talking about anyone in particular, just relaying my own experience and adding it to that of others.

This thread is going to be bumped daily and I am going to make sure of it.

Guard your finances carefully Expats, because one wrong move could affect your whole life.

Disclaimer

I am not naming any particular company and this isnt meant in a defamatory way. I realise that others have named A company, but if that is based on their personal experiences either good or bad, then surely they are entitled to speak out.

If a company has the right to pester people by calling them in their own homes consistently, then the people concerned have the right to communicate about it.

Stop them, complain about them, or threaten with legal action, then you really are adding fuel to the fire arent you?

Free Speech.

Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:57 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>I am not naming any particular company and this isnt meant in a defamatory way. I realise that others have named A company, but if that is based on their personal experiences either good or bad, then surely they are entitled to speak out.<<

Changing the subject only slightly, I have heard that under Oz law it is no defence to prove that alleged defamation is in fact the truth - you must also prove that making an allegation is "in the public interest".

True or false? If the former it certainly restricts public awareness!
Old Feb 1st 2005, 4:09 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
>>I am not naming any particular company and this isnt meant in a defamatory way. I realise that others have named A company, but if that is based on their personal experiences either good or bad, then surely they are entitled to speak out.<<

Changing the subject only slightly, I have heard that under Oz law it is no defence to prove that alleged defamation is in fact the truth - you must also prove that making an allegation is "in the public interest".

True or false? If the former it certainly restricts public awareness!

Interesting thought.

I havent used the company mentioned on here.
But, I have been contacted by someone from a company (you know who you are) asking me to make a move that could cost me thousands.

I know it, they know it and what is more, we both know its wrong.

Its a shame when people can lose vast amounts of money and have to keep their mouths shut in fear of offending those involved.

The point I am making is to be cash savvy and check stuff out before you sign.

Last edited by Professional Princess; Feb 1st 2005 at 4:11 pm.