Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moneycorp or Hifx?

Moneycorp or Hifx?

Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:14 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moneycorp or Hifx? - what are current rates

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Contacted them aswell but they don't trade in Euros????
That's very odd as it's listed as one of the currencies on their website currency converter:
http://www.ozforex.com.au/

The converter is on the left. I'd be very surprised if they didn't trade in euros.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moneycorp or Hifx?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we can not currently accept registrations from Ireland.

Kind Regards,

Carly Pickering | Foreign Exchange Dealer | UKForex

UKForex Limited | Commercial Foreign Exchange
UK Local Call: 0845 686 1950
Intl: +44 207 614 4100 or +61 2 8667 8094

www.ukforex.co.uk

Company Number 4631395

Money Laundering Regulation Number (MSB): 12219180

Issued by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moneycorp or Hifx? - what are current rates

Originally Posted by comet555
That's very odd as it's listed as one of the currencies on their website currency converter:
http://www.ozforex.com.au/

The converter is on the left. I'd be very surprised if they didn't trade in euros.
Well it seems they do trade in Euros but not for people in the eurozone???????
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:16 pm

mgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of light

Hi soulrebel

My name is Chris and I work at UKForex. I would like to clear up the situation you have mentioned in this post.

UKForex does deal in Euros and about 50 other currencies for all of our clients.

Temporarily, UKForex is not accepting new registrations from people who are resident in the Republic of Ireland. This only affects people who live in the Republic of Ireland and we expect that we will start accepting new clients from there soon.

Chris
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:02 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>My name is Chris and I work at UKForex. I would like to clear up the situation you have mentioned in this post.<<

Your username is Matt Gilmore - what have you done with him, Chris?!

(I was in the Sydney OzForex office this morning and Matt was nowhere to be found - I suspect foul play....<g>)
Old May 20th 2010, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mgilmour
Hi soulrebel

My name is Chris and I work at UKForex. I would like to clear up the situation you have mentioned in this post.

UKForex does deal in Euros and about 50 other currencies for all of our clients.

Temporarily, UKForex is not accepting new registrations from people who are resident in the Republic of Ireland. This only affects people who live in the Republic of Ireland and we expect that we will start accepting new clients from there soon.

Chris
Thanks Chris (or is it MATT?)
Any idea why you don't/can't/won't deal with Republic of Ireland customers?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

ExPatMat is an unknown quantity at this point

I hold accounts with most of the major FX brokerages (Moneycorp, HiFX, Foremost Currency) and have found the best way to secure a tight margin is to play them off of one another, 'shopping' for the best rate. Brokers always seem to offer a better rate when you tell them you have attained a better rate from someone else, tread carefully though, make sure your rates are genuine or they may call your bluff! I have saved a lot of money on my exchanges since i stopped using the banks, how naive i was! Happy rate shopping
Old Jul 9th 2010, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We use OzForex and would recommend them to anybody. Their service is always excellent and the transfer incredibly quick.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Les Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of lightLes Avalook is a glorious beacon of light

Tried Hifx, Moneycorp and UKForex on Monday, they gave rates in that order with UKForex the best for the $11,000 I wanted to send.

Did Nationwide transfer to Forex Monday afternoon, they got the money Wednesday, got email Thursday night to say money in Oz account.

So the UK bank to bank takes longer than the UK to Oz bank to bank.

Looking at the rate today I wish I had sent more on Monday.