Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Money transfers to AUD

Money transfers to AUD

Old Jun 12th 2021, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Reasonable will become famous soon enoughReasonable will become famous soon enough
Default Money transfers to AUD

Hello All
Has anyone got recommendations for a transfer company for transferring from GBP? I was using Transferwise (WISE now) but today find that they have deactivated my account for no apparent reason and without warning.

Cheers
Old Jun 12th 2021, 6:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Money transfers to AUD

Originally Posted by Reasonable
Hello All
Has anyone got recommendations for a transfer company for transferring from GBP? I was using Transferwise (WISE now) but today find that they have deactivated my account for no apparent reason and without warning.

Cheers
Hi, we use OFX (previously known as Oz Forex). Once you get all the account setting up stuff done it's quick and easy, haven't had a problem in 7 years of transfering to and from the UK. For larger sums I ring the dealer desk and get a better rate than the one they offer online.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 7:24 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Also OFX for me. Been using it for about 8/9 years now, always been quick, reliable and good rates. The Setup is a bit of a hassle, but all for safety reasons, so pretty good in my book.
Old Jun 12th 2021, 10:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for OFX, been using them several times a year for nearly 20 years. Customer Service has always been really helpful, and they are very quick
Old Jun 13th 2021, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use both OFX/UKForex/OzForex and XE/HIFX but I now find Wise consistently beats their rates and the speed of transfers is way faster than either. As an added bonus, my bank, Westpac, doesn't charge a fee to receive funds from them either. They charge either $25 or $35, can't remember which, to receive funds from XE and possibly OFX.

I'd try and get Wise to reinstate your account if I was you. The issue is probably something to do with identification for Money Laundering legislation purposes.