Money Matters

Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default Money Matters

This may sound dopey to some of you but i,ll go ahead anyway what it is HIFX the currency changing company are ringing me tomorrow to try and explain to me what they are all about are they any different to OZFOREX ? Is it just a matter of getting the best rate you can then they ship it over to a bank (the NAB ) for instance which we have been advised to open account with here before we go so it,s all there for us is that the idea or am i way off just not used to all this and I thought getting the visa was bad Any Advice Most Welcome
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Kennethb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Money Matters

No i am in the same boat a few people have said to me to keep a account open in the UK and tranfser money using on line banking not sure what the company was called will try and find out! I have a loan in england so will be moving money to and from alot Unfortunately.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Be very careful when using HIFX they have caused me no end of trouble, losing paperwork etc although i sent it to them on 6 occasions. they lost them all, This had been going on since last August, it was only last week it got sorted after i kicked up a major fuss. It has cost me thousands in lost revenue. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

annkc
Old Mar 11th 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annkc
Be very careful when using HIFX they have caused me no end of trouble, losing paperwork etc although i sent it to them on 6 occasions. they lost them all, This had been going on since last August, it was only last week it got sorted after i kicked up a major fuss. It has cost me thousands in lost revenue. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

annkc
we have used HIFX twice so far and never had a problem with.
Janet
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

thanks folks will take all onboard Good Luck
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Sorry but my first post on this matter above am I on the right track ?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by gormac
I used Ozforex. HIFX are just their competition.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

yes you are on the right track ,you forward your money to the dealers HIFX or which ever you choose when the rate is good they then put it in your nominated bank in OZ.

Janet
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Cheers frayne any banks we are going to Brisy that you reccomened ?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:57 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Hi,
One option if you are looking at moving over is using the Commonwealth Bank they have options on there website. They are one of the few banks with a centre for migration in the UK also they have the most convieniant network for ATM's in Australia and when they charge $2 per a transaction (Including balance checks) for using ATM's which are not part of the bank you are using. http://www.migrantbanking.co.uk/
Hope this helps and good luck with the move.
Gary Vikky and Bump
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Cheers frayne any banks we are going to Brisy that you reccomened ?
Hi we are in NSW and use ST George we opend the account a few years ago when we were here on holiday, havent got any complaints with them so far.
Janet
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:18 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

We changed from Suncorp to Westpac a few months ago, now alarmed at the other thread on the forum re Westpac and back checking all statements!

M