Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

money beans cash coinage moolah

money beans cash coinage moolah

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 4:59 pm
WBB

Default money beans cash coinage moolah

we have been looking around at the best way to change a couple of thousand pounds in to aussie dollars (for our validation trip) anyone got any suggestions on where to get the best rate etc.

if it helps we already have an aussie bank account and could use this for a transfer or any other method.

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 5:26 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

on holiday there in 2001 we took a fortune in travel cheques but in the end we used my barclay card at the hotels a.t.m machine it was so easy and we got a good exchange rate aswell. it just saved messing around with i.d and waiting ages to be served at the hotels check in. we didnt get charged a fortune by barclays either cheers jonni boy
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:31 pm
WBB

anyone used tranzfers ?

are they any good? we have looked at HIFX but they want a minimum of 5K and that is a bit more than we want to spend in a month.

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Billy, I use Tranzfers a lot, have done for several months and they are very good. You move your money to their holding account then they pay it into the account the other side. All done over the net, costs £7 or $15 a transaction, regardless of amount of money moved. Quite quick too - money leaves my account in Oz on Thursday am, and is in the UK account Tuesday.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 10:02 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
Billy, I use Tranzfers a lot, have done for several months and they are very good. You move your money to their holding account then they pay it into the account the other side. All done over the net, costs £7 or $15 a transaction, regardless of amount of money moved. Quite quick too - money leaves my account in Oz on Thursday am, and is in the UK account Tuesday.
thanks polly, i have sent you a PM.

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 11:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Got the pm Billy, and have been on the Tranzfers site, so you should have an e-mail from them. Many thanks Tried to pm you back but your box is full again......