Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Monday is Euro Day.

Monday is Euro Day.

Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:53 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Monday is Euro Day.

So Monday will see the BIG chief telling Britain what the future holds for the £, ????????

There should be a fair bit of movement on monday, Tuesday on the exchange rate, I wonder what people just about to move to or from OZ will do? sit tight and hope? or cash in now?.
Dodgy one this.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:58 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monday is Euro Day.

Originally posted by paulf
So Monday will see the BIG chief telling Britain what the future holds for the £, ????????

There should be a fair bit of movement on monday, Tuesday on the exchange rate, I wonder what people just about to move to or from OZ will do? sit tight and hope? or cash in now?.
Dodgy one this.

Non event has little to do with the rubber dollar , has it has also gained on the Euro.
No way the UK will enter until after the next election the money markets know that , and the UK will again cut rates like Europe and America is doing , that will make the rubber dollar fly up again.

The dollar outstripped its currency rivals yesterday as it continued to strengthen against the greenback.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...700343897.html

The dollar floated to its new three-year high of US66.64c, before closing at US66.35c, on a growing consensus that the chairman of the US Federal Reserve, Dr Alan Greenspan, will cut interest rates at his next meeting on monetary policy.

Expectations are mounting that central banks around the world are cutting rates, except the Reserve Bank of Australia.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jun 6th 2003 at 6:02 am.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 6:03 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Dunno PB, Blair is determined to join, and the so called five tests are not looking as if they matter anymore.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 6:05 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Dunno PB, Blair is determined to join, and the so called five tests are not looking as if they matter anymore.

Hope he does the pound will dive farther but it will be a good move, 2% Europe interest rates will do me, plus no money dealers to bugger up the trade with Europe.

Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

they never did

don't think for one moment brown doesn't want to go into europe -he is a committed eurofile and a bilderberger.

http://www.bilderberg.org

these five tests are just random assessments not actually judged against anything. therefore open to (mis)interpretation

there is only one test that he is concerned with

'can get get a majority to vote for it'

everything else is fudge

cheers

richard
Old Jun 6th 2003, 3:45 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Didn't know if you meant Dubya BUSH BABY or Blair Bitch project.

Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:07 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by r.bartlett
they never did

don't think for one moment brown doesn't want to go into europe -he is a committed eurofile and a bilderberger.

http://www.bilderberg.org

these five tests are just random assessments not actually judged against anything. therefore open to (mis)interpretation

there is only one test that he is concerned with

'can get get a majority to vote for it'

everything else is fudge

cheers

richard
I've been following the Bilderberg group for a long time now. Unbelievable!
Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

yes the bilderbergs make you realise that this politics game is all a sham..

cheers

richard
Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:30 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Try reading a book called 'Them' by Jon Ronson who followed Bush and others to one of their meetings. ISBN 0 330 37546 6 It includes an interview with founder menber Lord Denis Healey who talks about people like Clinton and Thatcher at the meetings.

You won't believe in politics again after you read it. I don't.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

i will indeed try to find it..

i too long gave up thinking that conservatives and labour were opposed to each other...and indeed the democrats/republicans etc...

have you been reading about the 'neocons' et al?

cheers

richard
Old Jun 6th 2003, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

or the illuminati ?

cheers

richard

Last edited by r.bartlett; Jun 6th 2003 at 7:53 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:00 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Yep, they'd like to start a few wars wouldn't they?

http://www.new-labour.com/
http://www.neocons.com/
http://www.president-bush.com/dubya419.html
http://www.president-bush.com/bushthought.html
http://www.president-bush.com/special-relationship.html
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brilliant steve

it's real good to be able to chat with someone who thinks along the same lines as me...

cheers

richard

see you in adelaide if not before..
Old Jun 8th 2003, 12:31 pm
I Know What's Going On!

Dodgy one this.
There will be some severe stalling tactics used this week. The important date to look out for is Sept. 5th. I bet we'll be comitted by then. It's already pre-planned.
Old Jun 9th 2003, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by SteveBannister
There will be some severe stalling tactics used this week. The important date to look out for is Sept. 5th. I bet we'll be comitted by then. It's already pre-planned.
sorry for the ignorance on this one Steve, (please bear in mind I am in Oz and news travels slowly over to these parts!) - what is supposed to be happening on Sept. 5th?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.