Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mon 27th Oct, Brisbane CBD-Drinking on a "school night" (shock horror!)

Mon 27th Oct, Brisbane CBD-Drinking on a "school night" (shock horror!)

Old Oct 14th 2008, 2:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mon 27th Oct, Brisbane CBD-Drinking on a "school night" (shock horror!)

Continuing the series from here

Next night out is Monday, 20th October, when we think we will have all the usual suspects, but it would also be lovely to have some newbies join us, as well as anyone who survived the first time and would like to come again JBlokeUK and Scubaemma already have stools reserved for them and if anyone else wants to join us please do.

Location is Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD. They sell Guinness, and Bulmers cider which makes it a perfect meeting place
Usually one of us there from 5.15ish onwards, and I'm happy to pm my mobile number to anyone who needs it.

We congregate near the bar (funny that!) and can be easily spotted by the number of pint glasses on the table.
As a guide to how good our company is - last week we picked up a Brit on his way to New Zealand, who heard the accents, and he came back last night for a second go which somehow fitted into his itinerary .....must be the strangest route in history, Auckland to Manilla via Gilhooleys!

Aussies are welcome, even The Bloke turned up last night

Happy to accept suggestions about changing the day from Monday once we get into November, and we can even start to vary it each week if that suits people.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mon 20th Oct, Brisbane CBD-Drinking on a "school night" (shock horror!)

On a school night? shocking!

Unfortunately I wont be there in time for this. I booked my flight yesterday and leave the UK on the 20th November but could make a meet up if one is arranged about a week or two afterwards, and no doubt the lady will be joining me too.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 12:29 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mon 20th Oct, Brisbane CBD-Drinking on a "school night" (shock horror!)

Originally Posted by JBlokeUK
On a school night? shocking!

Unfortunately I wont be there in time for this. I booked my flight yesterday and leave the UK on the 20th November but could make a meet up if one is arranged about a week or two afterwards, and no doubt the lady will be joining me too.
Oh I'm sure we'll be continuing them o a weekly basis, just might change the day occasionally, so keep checking in here

The "school night" bit is a dig at the Aussies that some of us work with, whom display looks of horro and disbelief when we announce we are off to the pub on a week-night! Going out drinking on a Monday is apparently akin to sleeping with the devil
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

buzz will become famous soon enoughbuzz will become famous soon enough

Can't make Mondays, but maybe you could keep us posted if you change the day ...
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:53 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by buzz
Can't make Mondays, but maybe you could keep us posted if you change the day ...
Yep, we will post it on here - may find ourselves back on Tuesdays some weeks, so keep your eyes peeled
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:27 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Cool, well we'll try and come along for a couple. That's assuming my OH is allowed to, being an Aussie?! Or is it Poms only?

See you there, we'll prob be there about 6pm.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:52 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Cool, well we'll try and come along for a couple. That's assuming my OH is allowed to, being an Aussie?! Or is it Poms only?

See you there, we'll prob be there about 6pm.
No, we allow Aussies as well, as long as they are reasonably tame and civilised

Hope to see you there - I should be there by 6 if I can escape from the office a few minutes early
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No, we allow Aussies as well, as long as they are reasonably tame and civilised
Thats good as my OH would need to come as shes more than likely to know where to go than I will

Besides she was born in London and shes perfectly tame and civilized

Will definitely look to start coming to these meets once I get my ass over there, sounds like fun!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:17 pm
Home and Happy

Default Re: Mon 27th Oct, Brisbane CBD-Drinking on a "school night" (shock horror!)

Title updated for next week, all the usual suspects except for me. I hope to get there at some point, but am placing no bets on the time, due to work. At a rough guess my work meeting will end around 7.30, so I should hit the city about 8.15.
However, I'm sure you'll all do well without me - just have to drink twice as fast

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 20th 2008 at 8:57 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 3:44 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mon 27th Oct, Brisbane CBD-Drinking on a "school night" (shock horror!)

Thanks for last night - was really good to meet you all! Hopefully see you again some time - I'll def come again if I end up working in the CBD.

Cheers, Emma.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

DaxH will become famous soon enoughDaxH will become famous soon enough

Hey Guys....

Quick update for you all....Raj has got a job....YaY!!!!! So should be back to see you guys soon for some more pints...

Dax
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 4:25 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Well done - send him our best wishes and see you son

Cheers Sandra
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:29 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaxH
Hey Guys....

Quick update for you all....Raj has got a job....YaY!!!!! So should be back to see you guys soon for some more pints...

Dax
About time too the lazy git
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:50 am
Just Joined

Perikles is an unknown quantity at this point

This still going on this Monday? There seems to be a bit of a mix up on the date...

Have been in Brissy about a month, and it would be nice to go for a weeknight drink. It's just been me and a mate from Brighton out weekday's so far...

is Gilhooey's in Birkdale, or am I getting mixed up? Off to the Spice Avenue tonight to give it a shot...

::P
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:21 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perikles
This still going on this Monday? There seems to be a bit of a mix up on the date...

Have been in Brissy about a month, and it would be nice to go for a weeknight drink. It's just been me and a mate from Brighton out weekday's so far...

is Gilhooey's in Birkdale, or am I getting mixed up? Off to the Spice Avenue tonight to give it a shot...

::P
It is Gilhooleys in the City Gilhooleys, on the corner of Albert Street and Charlotte Street in Brisbane CBD.

Yes it will be happening this Monday 27th October but from then on you are all welcome to change it as this will be my last Monday and I asked the others nicely to accommodate me for a while.

Come alone the numbers are going up nicely and although they are a daft bunch most of them kept me sane for the seven months I had to work in Brissie.

Cheers Sandra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.