Mole Clinics

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Mole Clinics

Has anyone gone to a mole clinic here to get their moles checked? Seems quite a common thing to do and wondered what people thought about them, are they all the same, what is the cost, do you need to get referred etc!

Any help appreciated!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 4:37 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mole Clinics

I'd be interested in this too. I know I saw a clinic in Perth the other day. Does anyone know/have any experience of anywhere in Mandurah?

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:03 am
ABCDiamond

I went a few months back. My local GP has the facility and at no cost as they bulk bill. And no cancer found

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:23 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I went a few months back. My local GP has the facility and at no cost as they bulk bill. And no cancer found
Didn't know that some of them bulk bill. I'll have to do a search for one local to me that does that, as my GP doesn't have the facility. Good to hear they didn't find any cancer!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:28 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by chels
Didn't know that some of them bulk bill. I'll have to do a search for one local to me that does that, as my GP doesn't have the facility. Good to hear they didn't find any cancer!
I was actually surprised, as I am one of those lazy types who forgets about sunscreen (for myself) !! But then, I do believe in using the shade whenever possible

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 5:35 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by melaniee
Has anyone gone to a mole clinic here to get their moles checked? Seems quite a common thing to do and wondered what people thought about them, are they all the same, what is the cost, do you need to get referred etc!

Any help appreciated!
Some/a lot of GP surgeries have mole clinics which you can make an appt for. There are loads around!! Some are just walk-in centres...

Not sure about cost though sorry! Never had the need to go yet!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 6:18 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Local GP has the facility and also does extractions for the easier non facial or for males that do not mind scars. I think I put cost on here before for my hubby all up I think it was around $600 including all the tests and extraction etc. Malignant Melanoma was found so cost was relatively little in the grand scheme of things - now he has annual test and all unusual ones are whipped off at an approx cost of $300 per annum. The children also now need tested and myself because I have mole movement! We expect to pay around $100 each with no issue but can claim back on our health fund or part payment on medicare. Our Doctor does not bulk bill but we trust his judgement.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:38 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

I was told that molescan bulk bills, keep meaning to go but i'm such a coward, i guess that should be my aim for this year, get my moles checked out.

The story i got was that GPs work a 6 month rotation at molescan clinics, so all they do for 6 months is look at moles through a magnifying glass, you go in strip to your undies and they check you out in a sherlock holmes kind of fashion.

Lynn
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 12:53 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by movetoperth
I was told that molescan bulk bills, keep meaning to go but i'm such a coward, i guess that should be my aim for this year, get my moles checked out.

The story i got was that GPs work a 6 month rotation at molescan clinics, so all they do for 6 months is look at moles through a magnifying glass, you go in strip to your undies and they check you out in a sherlock holmes kind of fashion.

Lynn
The proper ones have computerised magnifying glasses

They see the spots enlarged on screen, and keep the photo evidence to compare to your next visit.

Thats what mine did, and don't worry about it, it's easy. (Says me, who kept putting it off for years !! ) I have no problems going again now though