Which Mobile to use in Australia

Wikiposts

Which Mobile to use in Australia

Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Cruise is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Which Mobile to use in Australia

Dear all,

My friend is planning to move to Australia from Saudi Arabia.Can you please recommend him as to which Nokia model he should purchase from Saudi Arabia, so that he can use it in OZ.

Any models which does not work in OZ, or any specifications he should look for while purchasing.

Please do reply.

Thanks
Old Feb 19th 2005, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Mobile to use in Australia

Hi,

we purchasd a mobile when we got here, cost us $69 ( basic 'phone tho', not all singing, all dancing... ) had $10 calls on it too. PAYG type of thing, costs me about $20 a month to run, as I don't use it an awful lot....

I suppose a lot depends upon your usage ( contract or PAYG ) and also whether or not you desire / need the 'latest and smallest' design etc...

Have a look at some of the websites;

www.virginmobile.com.au

www.optus.com.au

www.vodaphone.com.au

Good luck and best wishes,
Old Feb 20th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Cruise
Dear all,

My friend is planning to move to Australia from Saudi Arabia.Can you please recommend him as to which Nokia model he should purchase from Saudi Arabia, so that he can use it in OZ.

Any models which does not work in OZ, or any specifications he should look for while purchasing.

Please do reply.

Thanks

If he specifically wants to get one in Saudi he just make sure its unlocked then he can just buy a sim Starter pack over here for around $30 and he should be able to use sims from any of the networks over here as long as the phone is unlocked
Old Feb 20th 2005, 4:00 pm
C&V
Sydneysider

C&V is an unknown quantity at this point

Also take a look on 3's website - www.three.com.au. Australia's only 3G network...

Prepaid offer: 150 FREE SMS & Double your recharge is available until June 30th 2005. Free $75 starter credit included.

C&V