Wikiposts

Mobile phones

Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mobile phones

Sorry if this is a daft question.... but how do you unlock a mobile??
Old Jan 18th 2008, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Pomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to allPomme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
UNLESS! ... you live in Upper Coomera on the Gold Coast!

We switched from Vodafone PAYG to Telstra PAYG and the boy had to sit out in the garden at night to get a signal! ...

All back with Vodafone and their $49 maxicap on contract. None go over and all have bundles of credit ...
all back on contract?
i wish!

my $49 maxi cap doesnt quite last me a month anymore so i dont think going on a contract would be a good idea actually lol
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:29 am
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jamesfam
When I did it, I just googled it and found a free website and typed in the phone serial number or something like that. It was easy and free. Can't recall the website, but if you don't mind paying, it's only about £3-£5
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jamesfam
Before going down this route try putting a sim from a friends (who is on a different network) mobile. If the sim works then your phone is already unlocked and will work with an Aussie sim.

If you need to get it unlocked try the local rough looking corner/phone shop, they can often help, therwise googling works for a number of phones that have a software lock only.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 8:41 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spottydog
Before going down this route try putting a sim from a friends (who is on a different network) mobile. If the sim works then your phone is already unlocked and will work with an Aussie sim.

If you need to get it unlocked try the local rough looking corner/phone shop, they can often help, therwise googling works for a number of phones that have a software lock only.
I would recommend buying a red sim from vodafone for $2 then topping up on the $49 maxi cap giving you $310 worth of credit as advised by several other posters, don't forget if you keep your uk phone not only will you be charged international call rates you will also be charged when people call you too (unless you have an international passport package). My hubby had a bill for 195 pound for the first month we were here as he wanted to keep his number for a start, i think this was a bad idea. We have also got a spare red sim for when people visit so they can pop it into their own phones, top up with $49 maxi cap and not have any huge bill to pay for when they get home. HTH