Wikiposts

Mobile phones?

Old Jul 8th 2004, 8:32 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default PUK Codes /Unlocking

Hi, there

You can unlock any mobile phone, most networks will charge you around 20 -30 quid UK£. You can of course do it yourself with the right connectors and Software, or get someone to do it for you for 10 quid.

Once you have unlocked the phone you can then use it anywhere, as long as it will work in any country, most modern/recent phones are tri band some are Dual, but switch between three frequencies, ie UK to US UK - Aus etc etc.

Once you arrive in Oz you can then choose your network and indeed pAYG or Contract.

Simply check to see if your phone will work in Australia, most do I feel.

When I was there in March, I took my LG7100 and even though it was on Orange contract, I could not roam with them, apparantly they are almost seperate companies from the UK and there.

I roamed on Telstra and could get full signal in most places, even in the Hunter Valley.

Hope that helps.

Andy.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:32 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx everybody!
I have a Nokia5210(o2) & Alcatel one touch 735.(orange)

Anybody in Oz using them?
Donna.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:44 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soapy
it only cost about a fiver at the barras i think
Yeah, The good auld Barras!Havent been there for years!
Done a car boot sale at Blochairn(wot an experience that was!!) the market there was some size,Didnt even know it existed!
Donna.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

asfry is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at this site

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/remote.htm

It's £6.98 to unlock it, they say they can do it remotley. For the Nokia anyway.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:09 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile phones?

Originally posted by madsad
Hi Walla,
Pay&go mobiles are pretty cheap here,but depends on wot u want from it?
Dont know about cost in Oz though,but if you do buy one here then adding the cost of getting it unblocked or buying a new sim,you would probably be best holding off till u get there?
Donna.
Hi Donna

Just need a phone in Oz to say "giz a job" nowt flash, like these camera phones etc

Will check them tonight while shopping

Ta

Walla
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:32 pm

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Donna

Just need a phone in Oz to say "giz a job" nowt flash, like these camera phones etc

Will check them tonight while shopping

Ta

Walla
Hiya,Walla.
The Alcatel one touch 735 that i have is a camera phone,it was only£70 from woolworths,great buy,photos are good too(main reason i bought it)Easy to follow menu,The cheapest camera phone i have seen so far?
Kids bought me it for mothers day but noticed the other day woolies are still selling it,still on offer price.
Check it out,
Donna.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 10:44 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,Walla.
The Alcatel one touch 735 that i have is a camera phone,it was only£70 from woolworths,great buy,photos are good too(main reason i bought it)Easy to follow menu,The cheapest camera phone i have seen so far?
Kids bought me it for mothers day but noticed the other day woolies are still selling it,still on offer price.
Check it out,
Donna.
Hi Donna

Am avoiding those camera phones like the plague!!. Thing is me and me mates were in Liverpool last weekend for a batchelor and my last hurrah and most of me mates have those phones. Anyway one mate made a right prick of himself and it was all on video, it is now all around the world. Won't go into detail thou!!

Anyway you not at work today? I'm now on half day waiting for my solictor to call and tell me house is complete, we exchanged contracts earlier so am shitting myself with fear or/and excitement.

Passing the time on the forum, can't concentrate!!!

Walla
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:30 pm

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Donna

Am avoiding those camera phones like the plague!!. Thing is me and me mates were in Liverpool last weekend for a batchelor and my last hurrah and most of me mates have those phones. Anyway one mate made a right prick of himself and it was all on video, it is now all around the world. Won't go into detail thou!!

Anyway you not at work today? I'm now on half day waiting for my solictor to call and tell me house is complete, we exchanged contracts earlier so am shitting myself with fear or/and excitement.

Passing the time on the forum, can't concentrate!!!

Walla
Sorry,i didnt read your reply properly!Thought it was a camera phone u were after!
Me work? i would be to expensive for anybody to afford! im a housewife,homemaker,Dogsbody! whatever you call it these days!!
Kids on school hols,workload tenfold & patience wearing thin by the minuite!
Goodluck with the call keep fingers crossed for u
Donna.
Ps. let me know how u get on?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 11:56 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Sorry,i didnt read your reply properly!Thought it was a camera phone u were after!
Me work? i would be to expensive for anybody to afford! im a housewife,homemaker,Dogsbody! whatever you call it these days!!
Kids on school hols,workload tenfold & patience wearing thin by the minuite!
Goodluck with the call keep fingers crossed for u
Donna.
Ps. let me know how u get on?
Hi Donna

Yeah kids holidays, ours start theirs next week, Adam has 6 months off before he starts again next year in Oz so he's happy, Jess not so!!

Just spoken to solicitor and she told me they haven't even exchanged yet. She told me this morning that she was about to do it as we spoke. Getting really edgey now, we only have 2 hours to exchange and complete to gaurantee monies being in bank today!! Slight problem at buyers end.

Let you know later how we get on and hopefully it'll be good news.

Walla
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:22 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
I have two Pre-pay mobile phones,can i take them with me? Is it worth it or are they going to be of no use to me?
Is it just a matter of re-registering or getting new sim cards?
They are O2 & Orange networks.
Thanx,
Donna.
I used to work for the mobile phone divison of Motorola and based on my exsperience there, def O2 and orange network phones are sim locked so you will have to get them umblocked. Simple procees and doesnt cost much (in some cases can be done for free)

Also based on our selling price, phones should be cheaper in OZ then UK cos we sell em to the OZ companies for less than we sell en to the British companies and what I've seen on OZ since we got here it is def the case that they reallt are passing the price reductions on to the end consumer.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 2:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, The good auld Barras!Havent been there for years!
Done a car boot sale at Blochairn(wot an experience that was!!) the market there was some size,Didnt even know it existed!
Donna.
we did one too . most of the crap we wanted rid of b4 we went. a few hours we made 300 qwid
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:40 am

we did one too . most of the crap we wanted rid of b4 we went. a few hours we made 300 qwid
Wow We done one just before xmas last year,ive never seen nowt like it ! booked our pitch around 5.30am,hissin with rain,thought this is a waste of a sunday mornin snooze time!
Couldnt believe it! there was folk out doin there shopping with bloody torches at that time !!!we didnt even get the chance to start setting up,they were over at the toot, like fleas aroon shit!!
Left hubby to it! i went back in the car! (Tee hee!!)
Sold everything within a couple of hours & treated our squad to a Chineese slap up meal on xmas day!
Plucking up the courage to do one before we go, maybe?!!
Donna.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

we got mobbed by all the traders. trying to nick as much as they could. just as well i brought a car load of kids with me. i caught a guy tryin to rob me of a book i was sellin for 50p. told him politely that i was gonna take him in the back of the van for a chat. it worked. they all made a bolt.
when i say kids my sons 6 foot 7
Old Jul 9th 2004, 3:58 am

we got mobbed by all the traders. trying to nick as much as they could. just as well i brought a car load of kids with me. i caught a guy tryin to rob me of a book i was sellin for 50p. told him politely that i was gonna take him in the back of the van for a chat. it worked. they all made a bolt.
when i say kids my sons 6 foot 7
Hee hee some people have no shame!!
Donna.
Old Jul 9th 2004, 4:05 am
Master of verbal pish©

Hee hee some people have no shame!!
Donna.
yeh your right
oh, near the end i was gettin fed up and was selling a blender (a cracker it was) for 3 qwid. they guy had a cheek to ask me if it was working. told him to beat it ! for his cheek
i gave it to an olsd lady as we left

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.