Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phones (2) ?

Mobile Phones (2) ?

Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

ugez009sumi will become famous soon enoughugez009sumi will become famous soon enough
Default Mobile Phones (2) ?

Thanks for all answers to my last question and sorry this one is so stupid..

I bought Vodaphone prepay sim card..i will take my girlfriends phone to one of the many dodgy newsagents in Camden Town to check unlocked...my question is:

when I get to aus how do I top up the prepay sim card? Do i go to a shop, can i do on line etc..can i top up befoer i leave to aus?

thanks
Old Dec 20th 2005, 1:13 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Phones (2) ?

Originally Posted by ugez009sumi
Thanks for all answers to my last question and sorry this one is so stupid..

I bought Vodaphone prepay sim card..i will take my girlfriends phone to one of the many dodgy newsagents in Camden Town to check unlocked...my question is:

when I get to aus how do I top up the prepay sim card? Do i go to a shop, can i do on line etc..can i top up befoer i leave to aus?

thanks
You just go to a newsagents and ask for a vodaphone recharge of the amount you want for eg $20. They will give you a receipt with a several digit number on that you have to put in once you have rung the recharge number. Easy! If you want to recharge before you come ot Oz you have to register a credit card online I believe.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mobile Phones (2) ?

Originally Posted by meelie
You just go to a newsagents and ask for a vodaphone recharge of the amount you want for eg $20. They will give you a receipt with a several digit number on that you have to put in once you have rung the recharge number. Easy! If you want to recharge before you come ot Oz you have to register a credit card online I believe.

hi
if you register your card online you can then recharge it over the phone - it tells you that you need to top up & you type in the number it says (cant think at the mo what it is ) then they ask you some questions - 1 for yes 2 for no etc - then its charged up with the amount you want - the $49 cap one is good i think its $230 worth of calls you can make - summink like that

go to
www.vodaphone.com.au
it tells u all about it there

hth
pootle26