Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mobile phone and when to unbar it?

Mobile phone and when to unbar it?

Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:00 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future
Default Mobile phone and when to unbar it?

Just a quick question... I have a mobile phone here in the UK which I will be taking with me to Oz and I have recently got the unbarring number. What I want to know is when do I do the unbarring? Before I leave the UK or when I get to Oz? Does it make a difference? If I unbar it in the UK will I still be able to use it here?

Sorry this is a daft question but I'm just not sure and don't want to get to Oz and realise I should've done it before I left the UK.

Thanks guys 'n girls
Old Aug 18th 2004, 11:28 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mobile phone and when to unbar it?

Definitely do it in the UK, it's much much easier than trying to sort it out from Oz. You should be able to do it whenever you want - it won't stop you from using the phone. I know some networks have certain conditions (i.e. for Virgin mobile pay-as-you-go you have to have spent £30 before they will unlock it) - as long as you meet all of the conditions, then do it!
Old Aug 18th 2004, 2:27 pm
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mobile phone and when to unbar it?

Originally Posted by saraliz
Definitely do it in the UK, it's much much easier than trying to sort it out from Oz. You should be able to do it whenever you want - it won't stop you from using the phone. I know some networks have certain conditions (i.e. for Virgin mobile pay-as-you-go you have to have spent £30 before they will unlock it) - as long as you meet all of the conditions, then do it!
Thanks Saraliz, I'll give it a go this weekend.