Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone Plans Caps

Mobile Phone Plans Caps

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:39 am
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold
Default Mobile Phone Plans Caps

Hi there

I wondered if someone could explain in simple terms how Mobile phone plans etc work in Aus. My daughter would like a $600 phone on a $29 a month cap at $30 per month on a years contract. What does this mean?

We have always bought pay as you go, and dont really understand about all this cap business. I bought a $29 cap for my pay as you go phone the other day and got $120 worth of calls!!

Plain English would be good.

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mobile Phone Plans Caps

I am replying as best I can as no-body else has.

You pay $30 a month payg for $120 calls. You can stop doing this whenever you like and lose the outstanding credit for that month.

When you get the phone with the $30, you will be on contract. So for 12 months if you want to stop, you will probably have to pay the whole lot. You will still probably still get $120 of calls a month, so basically if you commit, you will get a free phone. For $600 phone you are only paying $360 which seems too good a deal. However, if I read your post and you she gets just £30 worth of calls, this will not last long.

Check how much call credit you get. $120 seems a lot, but you will probably pay $1 a minute and flag fall of 40 c and be billed by the minute or 30 seconds, so a 1 second call may cost 90c (these are just indicative costs).

Last edited by carlap; Apr 23rd 2009 at 12:28 am.