British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mobile phone pics to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mobile-phone-pics-uk-502540/)

DARREN1972 Dec 31st 2007 7:50 am

Mobile phone pics to the UK

Hi All,
Does anybody know of any mobile phone networks in OZ who my OH can use to send multi media messages back to the UK

moneypenny20 Dec 31st 2007 7:51 am

Re: Mobile phone pics to the UK

I think you can with any network but you have to organise it with the network first. God knows how much it costs though.

Johnsyweb Dec 31st 2007 9:17 am

Originally Posted by DARREN1972 (Post 5722249)
Hi All,
Does anybody know of any mobile phone networks in OZ who my OH can use to send multi media messages back to the UK

I am with Telstra and frequently send and receive MMS to and from the UK. I'm sure the same is true of any other GSM, "NextG" or 3g provider, subject to the usual Ts and Cs.

Hope this helps;

--paj

quoll Dec 31st 2007 10:40 am

Not sure that you can do it with Optus - last time I tried you couldnt anyway. No trouble sending them internally but only a few countries have MMS capacity (SIngapore being one, from memory but that may have to do with Optus being owned in large part by Singaporeans)

DARREN1972 Dec 31st 2007 7:53 pm

Thanks guys going to try Optus we are with Telstra at the mo and they are a waste of space :D

quoll Jan 1st 2008 12:50 am

Originally Posted by DARREN1972 (Post 5723859)
Thanks guys going to try Optus we are with Telstra at the mo and they are a waste of space :D

Have checked up with Optus and at the moment you cannot send MMS to UK so stick with Telstra!!!

northernbird Jan 1st 2008 1:25 am

Vodafone do but the recipient has to go to a website to retrieve it instead of viewing on their phone.

DARREN1972 Jan 1st 2008 1:58 am

Well thanks for your help :thumbsup:
Trying to get the OH to download the photos to the laptop and e-mail them but she`s says whats the point of a camera phone if you can`t send photos to freinds in england ???, Going to try and get her to use the laptop more as it will be cheaper for me :D

ulpul Jan 1st 2008 8:38 am

I send plenty of pics back to my brother and parents in the UK via MMS. I am with Telstra and the cost is a little higher than MMS domestically but plenty of carriers do it now including Optus and Vodafone.

Johnsyweb Jan 15th 2008 6:37 am

Originally Posted by DARREN1972 (Post 5723859)

I wouldn't go within 1000 miles of Optus. Here are four good reasons.