Reload this Page >

Mobile phone pics to the UK

Mobile phone pics to the UK

Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

DARREN1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Mobile phone pics to the UK

Hi All,
Does anybody know of any mobile phone networks in OZ who my OH can use to send multi media messages back to the UK
Thanks
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile phone pics to the UK

I think you can with any network but you have to organise it with the network first. God knows how much it costs though.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DARREN1972 View Post
Hi All,
Does anybody know of any mobile phone networks in OZ who my OH can use to send multi media messages back to the UK
Thanks
I am with Telstra and frequently send and receive MMS to and from the UK. I'm sure the same is true of any other GSM, "NextG" or 3g provider, subject to the usual Ts and Cs.

Hope this helps;

--paj
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure that you can do it with Optus - last time I tried you couldnt anyway. No trouble sending them internally but only a few countries have MMS capacity (SIngapore being one, from memory but that may have to do with Optus being owned in large part by Singaporeans)
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys going to try Optus we are with Telstra at the mo and they are a waste of space
Old Jan 1st 2008, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys going to try Optus we are with Telstra at the mo and they are a waste of space
Have checked up with Optus and at the moment you cannot send MMS to UK so stick with Telstra!!!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Vodafone do but the recipient has to go to a website to retrieve it instead of viewing on their phone.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Well thanks for your help
Trying to get the OH to download the photos to the laptop and e-mail them but she`s says whats the point of a camera phone if you can`t send photos to freinds in england ???, Going to try and get her to use the laptop more as it will be cheaper for me
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future

I send plenty of pics back to my brother and parents in the UK via MMS. I am with Telstra and the cost is a little higher than MMS domestically but plenty of carriers do it now including Optus and Vodafone.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't go within 1000 miles of Optus. Here are four good reasons.