Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone Contracts in Oz - online dealers?

Wikiposts

Mobile Phone Contracts in Oz - online dealers?

Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:05 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mobile Phone Contracts in Oz - online dealers?

Just about to start myself on a new contract phone and was wondering if Oz has anything similar to www.dialaphone.co.uk where you can get better deals online than in the shops?

Any advice very much appreciated!!

Cheers

Rach xxxx
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:15 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice
Default Re: Mobile Phone Contracts in Oz - online dealers?

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Just about to start myself on a new contract phone and was wondering if Oz has anything similar to www.dialaphone.co.uk where you can get better deals online than in the shops?

Any advice very much appreciated!!

Cheers

Rach xxxx
www.google.com.au would be a good start.

Have you been in Australia more than 3 months and have Credit elsewhere? Otherwise you will not pass the credit check.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:19 pm

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MisterTwo

Have you been in Australia more than 3 months and have Credit elsewhere? Otherwise you will not pass the credit check.

Hi - yes I've just tried google but not had much luck - I also wanted to get a recommendation from someone rather than just going to one that I found myself.

No I've only been here a month - bugger - hadnt thought of that!

Thanks for your help

Rach
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:30 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Hi - yes I've just tried google but not had much luck - I also wanted to get a recommendation from someone rather than just going to one that I found myself.

No I've only been here a month - bugger - hadnt thought of that!

Thanks for your help

Rach
There are some really good PAYG deals with all of the providers. We brought our phones over from the UK and bought a couple of Optus pre-paid sims from Tandy.
Old Apr 29th 2006, 9:35 pm

There are some really good PAYG deals with all of the providers. We brought our phones over from the UK and bought a couple of Optus pre-paid sims from Tandy.
Yes the PAYG deals are great I must admit - I'm on the $49 maxi cap with Vodafone - basically you top up with $49 and it is converted into $230 but has to be used within the month. The reason I wanted to go for a contract one instead was that I could get that same deal but also get a new phone thrown in too as long as I signed up to a 24 month contract! Looks like I'll have to wait another 2 months though!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:44 am
Just Joined

LESLEY77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't sign up with Telstra. We did, big mistake really expensive. Use Vodaphone Red top-ups.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i use optus.... buy a $30 recharge voucher and get $120 of calls (inc international) and txts!!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I got a contract with Telstra within a month of landing with no job, rental accomodation and no previous credit here. I chose Telstra for the bigpond discount but for us they're good as we have the mobiles set up so we get free 3 minute calls between us.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by YoSemite
i use optus.... buy a $30 recharge voucher and get $120 of calls (inc international) and txts!!!
With the Vodafone $49 top up (which is converted to $230) it allows you to make international calls but only 20 mins in total. With Optus can all of the $120 be used for international? If so I'll get my other half on that one and I'll stick with Vodafone - we'll have all bases covered then!!
Old Apr 30th 2006, 3:15 pm
C&V
Sydneysider

C&V is an unknown quantity at this point

With the Vodafone $49 top up (which is converted to $230) it allows you to make international calls but only 20 mins in total. With Optus can all of the $120 be used for international? If so I'll get my other half on that one and I'll stick with Vodafone - we'll have all bases covered then!!
With 3 you also get $120 worth of international calls on the $49 cap included in the $230 worth of calls. You also get a Nokia 6280 or Motorola V3x for only $10 per month on top, although there's heaps of other makes too. I've got the latest V3x on 3G which means I can do video calling and look at the great content (news, weather, horoscopes, fab music, mobile TV etc) on 3, but also use my phone as a wireless broadband modem on my laptop!

There are 3 stores in every main city or you can buy online at www.three.com.au.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by C&V
With 3 you also get $120 worth of international calls on the $49 cap included in the $230 worth of calls. You also get a Nokia 6280 or Motorola V3x for only $10 per month on top, although there's heaps of other makes too. I've got the latest V3x on 3G which means I can do video calling and look at the great content (news, weather, horoscopes, fab music, mobile TV etc) on 3, but also use my phone as a wireless broadband modem on my laptop!

There are 3 stores in every main city or you can buy online at www.three.com.au.
Thanks for that! I've just checked it out but it says the $120 is National not International calls? Am I reading something wrong? When it say minimum monthly spend of $20 what does that mean? Am I right in believing that its $49 per month plus $10 for the phone - where does the $20 come into it? Thanks for any help!