Reload this Page >

mobile phone caps

mobile phone caps

Old Apr 2nd 2011, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

twinkletoes35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default mobile phone caps

Hi all
Could someone please explain to me how mobile phone caps work? Can't get it no matter how many sites I check out. I know I must be being really thick here, but some help would be much appreciated

TT xx
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

Smudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud ofSmudger82 has much to be proud of
Default Re: mobile phone caps

I'm, on Vodafone's $49 cap, so each month I pay $49 and I get:
$700 Vodafone to Vodafone credit
$350 Flexi credit, which you use on calls to the other networks and all texts
3GB data

It's pretty good value I reckon. And with my iPhone I can tether the phone to my laptop and enjoy 3GB of mobile broadband
Old Apr 4th 2011, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

Hi im on virgin big cap $29 a month and get $450 worth of calls, calls and text to other virgin users free includes international calls in the cap
and what ever i dont use gets rolled over to the next month, also as i bought the phone outright no contract cheers Paul
Old Apr 5th 2011, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

litepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nicelitepurple is just really nice

Effectively, the mobile providers provide you with a cap limit, say $500 for which you pay them $50 per month.

For example, say they charge you $1 per minute for calls within Australia and 50c per text. That means from your cap you can have up to 500 mins of calls or 1000 texts or a combination thereof until you reach the cap limit. Once you exceed the cap, then they charge you at those rates.

It's a bit of a pain if you're from the UK as it's not like the way we do our tariffs. Plus, it's marketing at its best/worst! The cap value isn't a real-world value that we recognise; it's a value in the mobile provider's currency (minutes) that let's them try to make people think they're getting $500 worth of stuff for $50.

I'm on TPG for $15 per month. 1Gb data and about $330 cap value (enough for about five hours of calls or 600 texts or combination thereof). TPG is a virtual mobile operator so it uses Optus's network. It's fine for my needs and very cheap.

Hope this helps.

LP.