Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mobile connection provider

mobile connection provider

Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

mission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant future
Question mobile connection provider

Hi All,

Which mobile connection provider is best in sydney.

Thanks,
Old Dec 10th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

mission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant futuremission_australia has a brilliant future
Question Re: mobile connection provider

Did I asked something wrong. No one is responding. Please suggest.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:54 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mobile connection provider

Vodafone, Optus, Telstra - they all have different plans and tariffs. There is not a thing which singles any of them out from each other really and not one which "works better" than the other in urban areas.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

No matter which one you choose, I'm willing to bet you wont be able to understand the bill of any of them. Coverage on almost any of them is OK in the city areas. You could also look at 3 and Virgin. It all depends on what you intend to do with your phone as to which service you choose.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks all of you for your response.

My usage with phone is only limited to local calls and limited usage of internet on that. When I say limited calls, it mainly means for incoming. Please suggest.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I think what you will find is that no one service is the stand out above all the other services so pretty much go with one which gives you a phone that takes your fancy and choose a plan that you can live with. Personally I am with Optus but I will be looking around in May when my contract is up. I am tempted by 3 at the moment (mainly because they have the phone I am thinking about) but have reservations because of their coverage when we go out of town. I may stick with Optus in the end because their service has been very reliable and any overspending has been my own fault for not picking a more appropriate plan!

Be careful with data plans - some of them can turn into mega $$$ so just be sure what you want to do with it. I know that compared with my son's UK O2 account, mine was much less predictable and I could find myself spending well over what I thought it would be (also see my comment above on the bills - perhaps ask to see a bill just to see if you can understand it because they are quite beyond me!!!!)