Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mobile Calls to UK

Mobile Calls to UK

Old Dec 28th 2010, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

AndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really niceAndrewMarilyn is just really nice
Default Mobile Calls to UK

There will be a million threads on this but I can not find them!

Moving to Sydney next week. Wife will be taking her unlocked UK mob and will be looking for good value Pay As You Go deals on arrival.

Advice appreciated.................is anyone aware of any that have good deals on calls to UK numbers?

Thanks

A and M
Old Dec 29th 2010, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mobile Calls to UK

Originally Posted by AndrewMarilyn
There will be a million threads on this but I can not find them!

Moving to Sydney next week. Wife will be taking her unlocked UK mob and will be looking for good value Pay As You Go deals on arrival.

Advice appreciated.................is anyone aware of any that have good deals on calls to UK numbers?

Thanks

A and M
1) Set up a free untimed account at www.pennytel.com.au
2) Set up a "smartdial" connection to your UK numbers
3) Call the local smartdial number from your mobile and pay the local call cost +8c per call, unmetered for the international leg.

We use pennytel from out home (phone connected to VOIP router) and Mrs regularly calls her Mum (2 hours is the record so far), costs 8c for each call, no monthly fee. Mrs also has a pennytel simm but their international rates are not as good value.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 10:06 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

3's PAYG plans include upto $100 of international calls although the call rates went up a lot a while back. It used to be worth about 2 hours of calls to the UK but now I think less than 1.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

I use Crazy John's Flat Chat - (http://www.crazyjohns.com.au/flatchat/)
30c connection fee, then it's 5c per minute. They've a chain of stores throughout Oz so pretty easy to get hold of a SIM.

Some people use Lebara mobile - (http://www.lebara-mobile.com.au/)
Not sure where you get these, maybe some newsagents sell them??

Stu
Old Dec 29th 2010, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We found Libara (think that's how you spell it) was the cheapest for mobiles. We have a voip phone at home which is great & won't be without it. We have both an Oz & UK number so that my kids can ring the UK number using their inclusive minutes on their mobiles. We were with pennytel but changed from them last week as we kept getting problems on out going calls & I'm sorry I'm not sure who we're with now.

Alison x