Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mo Mowlem & Robin Cook

Mo Mowlem & Robin Cook

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:08 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mo Mowlem & Robin Cook

Originally Posted by Ian12
It seems that Labour has lost two of its "stars", albeit stars that were not appreciated by their own leadership. Mo was a very popular woman respected by both sides of the house and Cook's speech against the Iraq invasion was a masterpiece. A sad week indeed.

Hopefully Prescott will follow shortly
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 3:20 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Yes Blair showed his true colours when he couldn't even be bothered to attend Robin Cook's funeral, prefering instead to stay on holiday in Barbados.

Disgraceful
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 4:56 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
I vaguely remember that she was put in charge of something and f'cked it up really quickly (although probably not as quickly as Estelle Morris). I think she resigned.

A
PS: Obviously not being bezzie mates, Tony didn't do much to defend her.
She resigned her post as International Development Secretary in protest over the Iraq war, not because she "f'cked" anything up.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 12:28 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wintersong
She resigned her post as International Development Secretary in protest over the Iraq war, not because she "f'cked" anything up.
Sorry. I must have been thinking of someone else.

Wasn't there a bit of a hoo ha about it all? Something like she said she was going to resign if such an such happened, and then she didn't, and then the press gave her a hard time, and then she tried defending her decision to stay, and then she got an even harder time, and then she eventually resigned, but lost a lot of kudos because of all the faffing about.

Maybe I'll have a look on the internet later.
A

Last edited by kirsty&al; Aug 24th 2005 at 12:33 am.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:15 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Sorry. I must have been thinking of someone else.

Wasn't there a bit of a hoo ha about it all? Something like she said she was going to resign if such an such happened, and then she didn't, and then the press gave her a hard time, and then she tried defending her decision to stay, and then she got an even harder time, and then she eventually resigned, but lost a lot of kudos because of all the faffing about.

Maybe I'll have a look on the internet later.
A
Yep - she said she would resign if we went to war with Iraq without UN backing, but it took her a few weeks to actually go (as opposed to Robin Cook who resigned immediately) so she lost a lot of support.