mmr vacination

Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: mmr vacination

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
Why are people so focussed on getting single jabs? I thought that recent large scale worldwide studies have shown no link with MMR and autism and have discredited the Wakefield claims. It seems an awful lot of trouble to go for something not proven? Is there some other reason for the single jabs?

PL
Certain members of society are more suseptible to illness than others so it is therefore feasible to say that when you give a triple combination vaccine to a baby with an immature immune system this can in certain babies trigger certain responses. The MMR incubation periods for these diseases is 1, 2 and 3 weeks so the body has to fight one then the other and then the other. Classic example in adults is gulf war syndrome where multiple vaccinations and tablets were given to service personnel over a short period and with some the effects are fine and with some it lead to lifelong health issues which of course the government initally denied - which of course they would. Would the government ever admit it was wrong because they would be considering compensation claims. All herd immunisations are the same - all immune systems aren't.

Anyway at the end of the day it's the parents choice and if they chose to source the single vaccinations then their child is still vaccinated so what does it matter to anyone else? Sod all!!!!

Jo
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:10 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
Certain members of society are more suseptible to illness than others so it is therefore feasible to say that when you give a triple combination vaccine to a baby with an immature immune system this can in certain babies trigger certain responses. The MMR incubation periods for these diseases is 1, 2 and 3 weeks so the body has to fight one then the other and then the other. Classic example in adults is gulf war syndrome where multiple vaccinations and tablets were given to service personnel over a short period and with some the effects are fine and with some it lead to lifelong health issues which of course the government initally denied - which of course they would. Would the government ever admit it was wrong because they would be considering compensation claims. All herd immunisations are the same - all immune systems aren't.

Anyway at the end of the day it's the parents choice and if they chose to source the single vaccinations then their child is still vaccinated so what does it matter to anyone else? Sod all!!!!

Jo

Excellent post Jo.

When I worked at a hospital, one doctor admitted to me there is a financial incentive to for GPs to encourage mums to take up MMR. How true this is, I dont know.

I have never had a triple jab in my life but when I had a Tet, Dip and polio vaccine as a triple, I was ill for weeks.

Interestingly enough, I went to see a nurse and told her, she said 'Oh it does tend to muck up your immune system having triple jabs'

'What about babies immune systems and MMR?' I asked her.

Stuttering and clearly feeling uncomfortable, she replied 'Oh babies have different immune systems'

Every vaccine I have had since that triple, I have reacted to which has never happened before.

I think its the parents choice as to whether they vaccinate single or triple and it should not affect anyone else.

If we get to Oz this year, we thought of trying for a baby and there is no way I will give MMR.

My choice entirely.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 11:06 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

our son, who is nearly 9 had his triple MMR jab no problem.

our daughter had the single vaccinations.

the reason why? we have a nephew who is 5 months older than our son. they were comparable developmentally. i can see the pair of them now, in the back seat of our car, two peas in a pod! laughing and giggling 10 month babies. after our nephew had his MMR jab, he changed. wouldnt interact with anyone. he was diagnosed at the severe end of the autism spectrum when he was about 4 years old. he didnt speak until he was 6/7 years old. we all believe it was the jab. our circumstances, our choice. BUT, we should have a choice and not have to pay through the nose for it.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

The main reason I worry about the multiple jabs is that they have been combined for economic (cheaper to deliver) and social reasons (catch the kids before mum goes back to work) and not for health reasons. The combined vaccines are not as rigorously tested as a new vaccine because their individual components have been rigorously tested. This logic would be considered bad practice in the motoring, IT and other industries and should be considered even more so when dealing with the much more complicated human immune system. I can't see that hitting the immune system with a triple whammy can in anyway be considered safe without sufficient testing.