Wikiposts

mmr vacination

Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: mmr vacination

Originally Posted by sloake
I think the most important part of that is the word POSSIBLY...

if you dont get vaccinated, you not only put your child at risk of a number of some pretty horrendous diseases, but you also put a lot of other people at risk,

Vaccination only really works when a large % of the population has been vaccintated.. we now have the problem in UK unis where young adults are contracting Mumps because the critical point has been crossed, due to misguided and well meaning mothers.

Vaccination is not only a right.. its also a responsibility
As in "There are POSSIBLY no links between vaccinations and side effects..."

Many of these so called "horrendous" diseases are often quite mild when contracted as a child, giving more severe symptoms if contracted later in life.

One of the reasons more young adults are now contracting these diseases is that vaccination often, does NOT give lifelong immunity (unlike contracting the disease itself does, which produces antibodies to the disease which can then also be passed from mother to baby, thus protecting the infant naturally) Artificial immunity often "wears off", and cannot be passed from mother to child. If you look at statistics many of the adolescents who are having Mumps were in fact, immunised.

Most mothers who choose not to have their children vaccinated against some of these diseases are not misinformed or even misguided, they have usually researched the subject extensively, and are often working in the medical or research profession themselves. Maybe they just make it their priority to know a little more about the subject, rather than just doing as they are told.

Why not give the vaccines to those people who are at risk from these diseases, instead of overloading the immature immune systems of babies, just because they do not have voices to protest, or words to tell you just what symptoms they are experiencing after having that jab?

Vaccination is not the only right, and my responsibility is to my children.
Old Feb 16th 2005, 9:07 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Further to my earlier post, parents who are opting for the single jabs, have you looked into the following:

Availablility of all the jabs?, this was an issue when we were looking into it,
Quality of the jabs?, again this was an issue with one of them (made in eastern europe from a questionable source).

Important points that need to be considered before continuing.

Good point about quality of the single jabs because I, like many others, are questioning the quality of the MMR jab.

I am wondering if the ingredients of the MMR jab are what they were 20 years ago or what has changed in them.

Because something is wrong, it may not come out now, it may be in many years time but it will come out that something is very wrong about the MMR jab.

Triludan - a once tried, trusted and 'safe' antihistamine, has been taken off the market.

Many a contraceptive pill is widely promoted, then taken off the market.

And what about thalidomide? Oh that was meant to be safe wasn't it?

They didn't have MMR when I was little, I had a measles jab, caught rubella and have not had mumps (im 37).

I realise the cost of single jabs has financial implications for parents, but there are also financial implications for GP's when mums don't take up MMR.

Now theres food for thought.

But in a nutshell, to all parents, vaccinate your child - how? - your baby, your choice on how.

And providing you vaccinate, it should have no effect whatsoever on your GP, other mums, nurses or anyone else.

Old Feb 17th 2005, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Paul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to allPaul and Chloe is a name known to all

I would suggest that people have a look at a couple of sources of data that helps bring balance to the documentaion churned out by the government in the UK (and many other countries):

1) What the Doctors don't tell you (http://www.wddty.co.uk/)

This is a very interesting site which is also responsible for publishing a number of interesting documents and articles. It is very scientific and consistently references highly respected scientific journals. It is an organisation that many GP's support as it attempts to break away from government influence to deliver an independent view.

2) Vaccinations: Yes or No? - Helping You Decide by Laura Mary Sussman, William Sussman

This is a good book that looks at both sides of the arguments relating to immunisation across the board.

There is no doubt that it is a difficult decision whichever way you go, I just think that it is important that everyone respects parents rights to decide what is best for their child....we know some parents who used to scoff at the "anti-immunisation" perspective until they were impacted by it, peoples views can rapidly change when they are personally affected.

All the best

Paul and Chloe
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
I would suggest that people have a look at a couple of sources of data that helps bring balance to the documentaion churned out by the government in the UK (and many other countries):

1) What the Doctors don't tell you (http://www.wddty.co.uk/)

This is a very interesting site which is also responsible for publishing a number of interesting documents and articles. It is very scientific and consistently references highly respected scientific journals. It is an organisation that many GP's support as it attempts to break away from government influence to deliver an independent view.

2) Vaccinations: Yes or No? - Helping You Decide by Laura Mary Sussman, William Sussman

This is a good book that looks at both sides of the arguments relating to immunisation across the board.

There is no doubt that it is a difficult decision whichever way you go, I just think that it is important that everyone respects parents rights to decide what is best for their child....we know some parents who used to scoff at the "anti-immunisation" perspective until they were impacted by it, peoples views can rapidly change when they are personally affected.

All the best

Paul and Chloe
This is an excellent, factual website. Thanks for that info!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:07 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

just thought i`d chip in to say that my first born has had the single jabs and that my 2nd will be having them before we go!! oh and there`s some interesting articles relating to the (discredited) dr pugh here
http://www.jabs.org.uk/
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I feel, like most, that it is a parents responsiblity to immunise. How they do it is up to them, but to not do it at all is downright irresponsible. No one has mentioned the effect on an UNBORN child that goes with the contraction of these desises.

My son was born premuturely and the doctors thought it was due to me coming into contact with someone with chicken pox, I have never had it and niether has he, hes now 7 and been in loads of contact with it. (i know this is not to do with the triple jab, just an example) He now has three of the "autistic spectrum" problems. I choose to have him innoculated, although slightly older than recommended, because i also know several brain damaged teeagers who were victims of rubella and measels as an unborn child. The triple vaccine was the only one availiable at that time (that i was made aware of anyway)

Also, just to note, he was our second child and already at 18 months i was noticing some "quirks" with him. However maybe to a first born parents it would not be obvious at all. Even my own health care proffesionals dismissed him as just "catching up" or the usual "hes a boy" comments. He was first diagnosed at 4 1/2 but has had further diagnosis since being in Australia. My point is at this age how can you say fully weather your child is displaying autistic traits or not?? So how could you fully claim that it was after the MMR that they changed.

There are also a lot of claims that its the heavy metals eg murcury that the shot is put into that could be the link between the two. This has now been addressed so the jab would be made safer.

My son takes high doses of omega 3 and 6 that his body doesn't produce. I have been advised not to give him any other fish oils eg cod liver oil due to them containing high amounts of heavy metals, lead etc, because they could make his symptoms worse, maybe this is/ was the link and not having all of the jabs together, just what they were carried in?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hevs
I feel, like most, that it is a parents responsiblity to immunise. How they do it is up to them, but to not do it at all is downright irresponsible. No one has mentioned the effect on an UNBORN child that goes with the contraction of these desises.

My son was born premuturely and the doctors thought it was due to me coming into contact with someone with chicken pox, I have never had it and niether has he, hes now 7 and been in loads of contact with it. (i know this is not to do with the triple jab, just an example) He now has three of the "autistic spectrum" problems. I choose to have him innoculated, although slightly older than recommended, because i also know several brain damaged teeagers who were victims of rubella and measels as an unborn child. The triple vaccine was the only one availiable at that time (that i was made aware of anyway)

Also, just to note, he was our second child and already at 18 months i was noticing some "quirks" with him. However maybe to a first born parents it would not be obvious at all. Even my own health care proffesionals dismissed him as just "catching up" or the usual "hes a boy" comments. He was first diagnosed at 4 1/2 but has had further diagnosis since being in Australia. My point is at this age how can you say fully weather your child is displaying autistic traits or not?? So how could you fully claim that it was after the MMR that they changed.

There are also a lot of claims that its the heavy metals eg murcury that the shot is put into that could be the link between the two. This has now been addressed so the jab would be made safer.

My son takes high doses of omega 3 and 6 that his body doesn't produce. I have been advised not to give him any other fish oils eg cod liver oil due to them containing high amounts of heavy metals, lead etc, because they could make his symptoms worse, maybe this is/ was the link and not having all of the jabs together, just what they were carried in?
Hi Hevs,
Sorry to hear about your son, I know that dealing with this condition can be very trying. I realise this must make you feel very strongly about vaccination.
However, this is part of my point. Surely if the people who are at risk from these diseases are mothers of unborn babies, then shouldn't it be girls/boys of childbearing age who should be vaccinated (with an immune system better equipped to deal with an onslaught of jabs...) rather than babies?
When I was in school, girls were vaccinated against German Measles (Rubella) at 11 years old, has this practice stopped...?
Maybe it is CHEAPER for the authorities to stick ONE needle into every baby containing as many vaccines as they can stuff into it, rather than do them seperately at safer intervals........Even if it does affect a few out of every thousand......Who cares?............There's no conclusive proof yet.........
Is there......?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:10 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kath n kim
Surely if the people who are at risk from these diseases are mothers of unborn babies, then shouldn't it be girls/boys of childbearing age who should be vaccinated (with an immune system better equipped to deal with an onslaught of jabs...) rather than babies?
When I was in school, girls were vaccinated against German Measles (Rubella) at 11 years old, has this practice stopped...?
errrm, not quite sure what your asking These diseases are "childhood" diseases so its necessary to protect the children from getting them in the first instance and not then passing them onto the innoculated foetus of a pregnant woman. We were vacinated at 14 at school for rubella, but was checked for antibodies again whilst pregnant. If your asking that if adults are immunised against the diseases prevents the unborn child getting them i'm not sure how this works if the person has had the disease already as a child
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hevs
errrm, not quite sure what your asking These diseases are "childhood" diseases so its necessary to protect the children from getting them in the first instance and not then passing them onto the innoculated foetus of a pregnant woman. We were vacinated at 14 at school for rubella, but was checked for antibodies again whilst pregnant. If your asking that if adults are immunised against the diseases prevents the unborn child getting them i'm not sure how this works if the person has had the disease already as a child
If a person has had the disease already as a child, then they will have a natural immunity to stop them catching the disease again as their body will have produced it's own antibodies.
I don't mean that I think PREGNANT woman should be vaccinated against any diseases that could affect their unborn child, rather that young adults before they are likely to become sexually active, could be offered vaccination against diseases which could cause abnormalities in babies. It is possible to have your blood tested to see which antibodies are naturally present. Some vaccines are routinely given unnecessarily. Many of these diseases, if caught in childhood, by otherwise healthy children are relatively mild, but give lifelong immunity.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

I haven't vaccinated my child against anything and would never do so. I don't believe the drug companies give a toss about his health they are there to make money money money.

All of those diseases can be treated homepathically! A far safer option!

As for herd immunity, what rubbish, kids that have been vaccinated against MMR haven't ever got measles...think again!

A bio-chemist whos name I can't remember believes that huge rise in peanut allergies these days is due to peanut oil being used in certain vaccinations!

What doctors don't tell you is a great website, everyone should read it!

What ever any mother/father decides, its up to them and it should be there choice to make.
Being excluded from nurseries, schools etc....is probably what I will have to face when the time comes. That will be fun!!!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 9:14 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Swaffy

As for herd immunity, what rubbish, kids that have been vaccinated against MMR haven't ever got measles...think again!
Yes, but the point is they get a very mild dose of the disease. Mumps in an adult can be life destroying for young people and can leave men infertile, measels can cause blindness and retard unborn foetuses. I sincerely hope that your innoculated child doesn't pass any life changing abnormalities onto another unborn or newborn child. That sure as hell can't be treated homepathically As you say its your choice to make. I for one couldn't live with myself.

SOME INFO
Measles, Mumps & Rubella

Measles is a serious and highly contagious viral disease which causes fever, runny nose, cough and sore red eyes, followed by a rash. Measles can sometimes lead to dangerous complications such as pneumonia. About one person in 2,000 who contracts measles will develop inflammation of the brain. For every ten people who become affected in this way, one will die and four will have permanent brain damage. Measles still causes deaths in Australia. A rare condition called SSPE can develop several years after a measles infection. SSPE rapidly destroys the brain and is always fatal.

Measles can be caught through coughs and sneezes from an infected person before that person realises they are sick.

All people born between 1966 and 1980 should check their immunisation status to ensure they have had a measles containing vaccine. If people in this age group do not have documentation (a personal immunisation record) of a measles containing vaccine, they should discuss having a dose of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine with their immunisation provider.

Related information
Mumps

Mumps causes fever, headache and inflammation of the salivary glands. Occasionally it causes an infection of the membrane covering the brain, but permanent side effects are rare. The disease can also cause permanent deafness.

About one in five adolescent or adult males who contracts mumps develops a painful inflammation and swelling of the testicles. Males with this condition generally recover completely, but on rare occasions it may cause infertility.

Mumps can be caught through coughs and sneezes from an infected person before that person realises they are sick.

Related information
Rubella

This is a mild childhood disease but it can also affect teenagers and adults. The disease causes swollen glands, joint pains and a rash on the face and neck which lasts two to three days. Recovery is always speedy and complete.

Rubella is most dangerous when a woman catches it in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. This can result in serious abnormalities in the newborn baby. Deafness, blindness, heart defects and intellectual disabilities can occur.

Rubella can be caught through coughs and sneezes from an infected person before that person realises they are sick.

Rubella is highly contagious and the best way to protect expectant mothers and their babies is to ensure that women are immunised before they become pregnant and to immunise all children to stop the spread of this infection.

Related information
Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) immunisation

There are two brands of MMR vaccine currently available, MMR II and Priorix. The MMR vaccine contains small amounts of each of the viruses at a reduced strength and a small amount of an antibiotic. MMR II also contains a small amount of pig gelatin which acts as a stabiliser. Priorix, the other brand of MMR vaccine, does not contain pig gelatin. Components of pig gelatin are used in the early stages of manufacture of this vaccine but are removed in subsequent stages. Those with religious objections to pig products may request the Priorix brand of vaccine.

SOME PICS (do not open if you are sqeamish)

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/vaxliars/pictures.htm

Immunisation programme for Aus
http://www.nationalpharmacies.com.au/immunisation.htm
Your kid can't start school overhere without immunisation certificates. Make sure that you bring them from the uk.

Last edited by hevs; Feb 18th 2005 at 9:34 am.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=hevs]
Yes, but the point is they get a very mild dose of the disease. Mumps in an adult can be life destroying for young people and can leave men infertile, measels can cause blindness and retard unborn foetuses. I sincerely hope that your innoculated child doesn't pass any life changing abnormalities onto another unborn or newborn child. That sure as hell can't be treated homepathically As you say its your choice to make. I for one couldn't live with myself.
No, they don't always get a mild dose of the disease Hevs, and often vaccinating in childhood is the reason that young adults get Mumps. Artificial immunity acquired from vaccination does not always last a lifetime......getting the disease as a child does. Boys catching Mumps as a child rarely causes infertility, however it is becoming more prevalent amongst young men due to the fact that they do not catch it as children, often vaccination has "worn off" when they catch it.
Yes, Measles can VERY rarely cause blindness, although only usually if the child who catches it has an unhealthy or lowered immune system, (in which case vaccination could be advisable) a normal, healthy child is VERY rarely left with any lasting effects.
These diseases can be treated very effectively using homeopathy.
Yes, they can be very serious if caught by a woman during pregnancy, hence the vaccination programme for adolescent girls, a far more sensible option than overloading a babies immune system.

SOME INFO
Measles, Mumps & Rubella
About one person in 2,000 who contracts measles will develop inflammation of the brain.
About one baby in 1000 who is vaccinated with the M.M.R will suffer from high fever and febrile convulsions (fits) possibly leading to brain damage.

Related information
Mumps

Mumps causes fever, headache and inflammation of the salivary glands. Occasionally it causes an infection of the membrane covering the brain, but permanent side effects are rare.
VERY rare.

The disease can also cause permanent deafness
So can going to rock concerts or using loud machinery!

About one in five adolescent or adult males who contracts mumps develops a painful inflammation and swelling of the testicles. Males with this condition generally recover completely, but on rare occasions it may cause infertility.
Infertility is VERY, VERY rare, and often due to another, underlying problem which is only diagnosed after the patient contracting mumps as it highlights the condition.

Related information
Rubella

This is a mild childhood disease but it can also affect teenagers and adults. The disease causes swollen glands, joint pains and a rash on the face and neck which lasts two to three days. Recovery is always speedy and complete

Rubella, if caught in childhood is a very mild disease, and gives LIFELONG immunity to the person. Therefore, if girls were allowed to catch it as children, they would have no fear of contracting it later in life when they were of chilbearing age.....

Rubella is highly contagious and the best way to protect expectant mothers and their babies is to ensure that women are immunised before they become pregnant to stop the spread of this infection.
I totally agree, if young women do not have natural immunity to these diseases when they are of chilbearing age, then they should be offered protection using vaccination.

Your kid can't start school overhere without immunisation certificates. Make sure that you bring them from the uk
Sorry hevs, but this information is wrong, and could be misleading. Australia IS very pro-vaccination, but you do NOT HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CHILDREN VACCINATED TO ALLOW THEM TO GO TO SCHOOL HERE.
Both my children go to school here (state schools), and neither of them are fully vaccinated. You only need to go to your doctor here, and fill in a conscientious objection form.
Whether parents choose to vaccinate or not is their choice, and their choice alone, and many of us will disagree with others views, but everyone should know ALL the facts.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Swaffy
I haven't vaccinated my child against anything and would never do so. I don't believe the drug companies give a toss about his health they are there to make money money money.

All of those diseases can be treated homepathically! A far safer option!

A bio-chemist whos name I can't remember believes that huge rise in peanut allergies these days is due to peanut oil being used in certain vaccinations!

What doctors don't tell you is a great website, everyone should read it!

What ever any mother/father decides, its up to them and it should be there choice to make.
Being excluded from nurseries, schools etc....is probably what I will have to face when the time comes. That will be fun!!!!!!
Hi Swaffy,
Refreshing to find someone else who has explored the other options to vaccination!
As you can see from my previous post, I have not had a problem with my children being excluded from schools or nurseries, so I don't think it should be for your child either.
Vaccination cannot be made compulsory before allowing children to attend school or nursery here as this would be illegal. However, the alternative option is not openly encouraged!
If you sign the "conscientious objection form" (available from your doctor) this will then go on your records and also on the "immunisation register" as proof that you do not wish to vaccinate. You can ask for a copy of this form, which can then be presented if ever you are asked for your childs vaccination register. I have not encountered any problems with schools, kindergartens, playgroups etc. All have been welcoming, and after explaining to them, none have even asked to see the form!
Good luck.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Swaffy will become famous soon enoughSwaffy will become famous soon enough

Hi Swaffy,
Refreshing to find someone else who has explored the other options to vaccination!
As you can see from my previous post, I have not had a problem with my children being excluded from schools or nurseries, so I don't think it should be for your child either.
Vaccination cannot be made compulsory before allowing children to attend school or nursery here as this would be illegal. However, the alternative option is not openly encouraged!
If you sign the "conscientious objection form" (available from your doctor) this will then go on your records and also on the "immunisation register" as proof that you do not wish to vaccinate. You can ask for a copy of this form, which can then be presented if ever you are asked for your childs vaccination register. I have not encountered any problems with schools, kindergartens, playgroups etc. All have been welcoming, and after explaining to them, none have even asked to see the form!
Good luck.

Thanks for that info, I had heard of it but as we have only been here since November I hadn't got around to looking into it.

Ange
Old Feb 20th 2005, 10:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

sorry hevs, but this information is wrong, and could be misleading. Australia IS very pro-vaccination, but you do NOT HAVE TO HAVE YOUR CHILDREN VACCINATED TO ALLOW THEM TO GO TO SCHOOL HERE..
I think we will have to agee to disagree on this subject.

Perhaps i was doing what i hate most on this forum and generalising but my children were not allowed to start school untill i had my innoculation records faxed through from the UK to the school and i got a certificate fron the council (of all places )

Sorry everybody if i misinformed.