MMR Vaccine

Old May 20th 2007, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

suki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MMR Vaccine

Not sure if anyone can help with this, we are in the process of obtaining a visa to move to Perth, my youngest daughter will be 3 when we move and therefore will miss her MMR booster in the UK that they routinely get when they are 4, how does it work in Oz do they have the vaccine? is it compulsory? I am a bit lost on this one as I would definately like her to have it

thanks

Last edited by suki; May 20th 2007 at 12:44 pm.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:54 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MMR Vaccine

Originally Posted by suki
Not sure if anyone can help with this, we are in the process of obtaining a visa to move to Perth, my youngest daughter will be 3 when we move and therefore will miss her MMR booster in the UK that they routinely get when they are 4, how does it work in Oz do they have the vaccine? is it compulsory? I am a bit lost on this one as I would definately like her to have it

thanks
maxine
yes they give it here in Perth, my daughter had it when she was 4 just before she started school.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:55 am
Just Joined

nickmallory is an unknown quantity at this point

As the previous poster says you can get the vaccination here in Australia and, as you obviously know, it's very important that you do so.
Old May 20th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

that's great thanks you have put my mind at rest, always something to worry about with kids!
Old May 20th 2007, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

YAFOLEY will become famous soon enoughYAFOLEY will become famous soon enough

Hi there, i've three children under 6 and I just brought my 1 1/2 yr old for his mmr injection... On top of the ones the children get in Ireland/Uk there's also a Hepatitis B injection that she will have to get but you can talk to the dr when you get here about it. I started the 1 1/2 yr old on it same day as he got his mmr and he has to get another 2 injections for the Hepatitis B... but i'm dreading getting my 6 yr old and 3 yr old as they are both terrified of needles..... ah well that's another day...
Good luck with your move Yvonne
Old May 20th 2007, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Just for your info - don't know where you going to settle in Perth but if your North Perth I recommend Joondalup Medical Centre - the Nurse is absolutely brill and the doctors are all lovely.
Old May 20th 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YAFOLEY
Just for your info - don't know where you going to settle in Perth but if your North Perth I recommend Joondalup Medical Centre - the Nurse is absolutely brill and the doctors are all lovely.
Hi

We are looking at Butler, I think that is quite close to Joondalup isn't it?
Old May 20th 2007, 2:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

they also have vaccination clinics they hold in a room next to Joondalup library.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Butler is up near Quinns Rock (well just before it) its approx 20 mins or so.. We are in Tapping which is slightly closer. Butler is lovely we have a few friends that have bought up there. Good Luck and if you need any help with anything just let me know take care Yvonne
Old May 20th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

My little girl had the single injection privatly in the uk , can I can single boosters here in Aus ?????

Thanks

Martin
Old May 20th 2007, 11:20 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by tabby
My little girl had the single injection privatly in the uk , can I can single boosters here in Aus ?????

Thanks

Martin
Not sure, worth checking with your GP or local health nurses. I am not sure they offered it at my clinic but then again I wasn't bothered about having the 3-1 so I guess I wouldn't know as I didn't ask.
Old May 20th 2007, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by northernbird
Not sure, worth checking with your GP or local health nurses. I am not sure they offered it at my clinic but then again I wasn't bothered about having the 3-1 so I guess I wouldn't know as I didn't ask.

Thanks I've been meaning ask them and then saw this thread and thought I'd ask just in case

Martin
Old May 20th 2007, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Princess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nicePrincess Leia is just really nice

Thanks

Martin
I don't think so. They didn't have quite the same media reaction and pressure from the public for single vaccines that you had in the UK, around the time when they had concerns about the safety of the MMR.

My daughter's had both MMR shots with no problems. She hardly ever gets sick, whereas hubby and I get colds all the time!
Old May 21st 2007, 12:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Martin
As far as I know, single jabs are not available in Australia.
Old May 21st 2007, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Yvonne nice to hear from someone near Butler you can tell me what it is really like