Missing Tesco's ...

Missing Tesco's ...

Old Sep 27th 2005, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Missing Tesco's ...

Originally Posted by Carkedit
hormones..go organic!!
Thank you, and also shop in the markets; not the supermarkets.

I would suggest hagens organic butchers.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:01 am
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

Originally Posted by dshole
Thank you, and also shop in the markets; not the supermarkets.

I would suggest hagens organic butchers.

I am just about to start working on an organic estate in UK..cant wait!

You are what you eat and all that...
Old Sep 27th 2005, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

The thing I miss about UK supermarkets is that everything is under one roof (even the baby supplies). We used to go shopping once a week and that was it. The trouble with going to various shops, ie bakers, butchers, etc etc for seperate shopping is dragging toddlers and babies with you - it's no fun for them in and out of the car etc. Also at least Asda/Tesco etc had baby changing and baby feeding facilities - not so where I live in SA. The supermarket trolleys here leave a lot to be desired as well.
Supermarket shopping is a pain at the best of times with toddlers/baby but I have to say it was a more pleasant experience in the UK than it is for me now.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:02 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by biggy
I miss tesco too ....infact I must b double sad cos I just went on the online shopping for a look lmao........I need a life
We too have thought about looking at Tesco's online site, we are going back in November and can't wait to do our first Tesco's shop, we obviously need a life too
Old Sep 27th 2005, 6:13 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FVC
I completely agree about the chickens, couldn't believe the size of the breast, thought it came from a turkey!!
Isn't that because you get both sides of the 'breast' here, whereas in the UK you get it sliced into two.

I was worried out the hormoned enhanced birds for ages.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

I wish the trolley's here had brakes...

I have to go to a safeway on a slope and we do look very comical trying to load the car without the trolley rolling away. There must be a knack, isn't there
Old Sep 27th 2005, 7:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone in Perth missing Tescos, I've got some manky old brussels sprouts and apples that are over a year old (that have been stored in carbon dioxide) and some seedless mandarins, complete with seeds that they can have to remind them of the quality of fruit and veg that they are missing.

I've got some left over lasagna from last night, I can give you a small portion of that if you miss the "convenience" foods.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

TanyaN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FVC
I know this is really sad, but I am missing shopping in Tesco and Boots, can't get used to the stack it high in no apparent order in Coles etc. Is it just me?

Which supermarkets would you recommend, we only have coles and safeways near us is Big W any better and does anyone know of out of town centres near South Yarra, Melbourne ?

Thanks

Fi
I don't understand the British obssession with supermarkets!!! Get a life.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:29 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TanyaN
You know, it’s usually a big building where you can get all your shopping in one go. All very convenient, not like the olden days when a shopping trip meant lugging bags from one shop to another. I think we are obsessed with them because we have used proper ones and liked the experience. It’s now very hard to go back to the old less efficient days.
Big W for the nappies, Woolworths for most of the shopping, Butchers for some decent meat same for the bakers, Then off to the bottle shop for a bottle of wine, then the chemist…blah blah….. Far easier to get it all in one place. Why don’t Australian’s get this concept? It is better period, and anyone that argues against it must be a muppet with too much time on their hands.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:40 am
wombat42

Instead of whinging about it why don't you get together and set up your own Tesco supermarkets in OZ. You can sell all that Pom food you can't get in Oz like Mad cow meat.

Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Bloke actually commented the other week that he missed the UK system of everything in one shop, rather than trailing round several different ones. Part of the nuisance is trying to manouevre the trolley full of groceries nito other shops!
Old Sep 27th 2005, 8:46 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about it being a Brit thing but it's definately a Mum thing for me I can't imagine dragging my two v small kids around loads of different shope every week. Especially when one announces she needs to "go pee" just when you're in the middle of the fruit and veg section - at least in the supermarket, you can put the trolley to the side and quickly get to the loo. Also, getting them both into the trolley leaving me with 2 hands to shop - bliss. If I had to take a baby in a pram and a toddler walking beside me into a load of shops I think I'd only be able to get a few things and have to go more often which would probably result in me being institutionalised

Let's hear it for supermarkets. I must admit though, that when my kids are bigger, I'm really looking forward to not having to use them. My dad used to own a small deli and butcher and grocer shop and I fully appreciate how hard it is for small businesses to compete.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

TanyaN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wombat42
Instead of whinging about it why don't you get together and set up your own Tesco supermarkets in OZ. You can sell all that Pom food you can't get in Oz like Mad cow meat.
LOL!! No wonder they're leaving the UK in droves, nothing to do except go to supermarkets and watch soaps at night.
Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by arkon
You know, it’s usually a big building where you can get all your shopping in one go. All very convenient, not like the olden days when a shopping trip meant lugging bags from one shop to another. I think we are obsessed with them because we have used proper ones and liked the experience. It’s now very hard to go back to the old less efficient days.
Big W for the nappies, Woolworths for most of the shopping, Butchers for some decent meat same for the bakers, Then off to the bottle shop for a bottle of wine, then the chemist…blah blah….. Far easier to get it all in one place. Why don’t Australian’s get this concept? It is better period, and anyone that argues against it must be a muppet with too much time on their hands.

It's great fun having to drag reluctant toddlers/babies around with you isn't it?
Old Sep 27th 2005, 9:48 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Foster Clan
It's great fun having to drag reluctant toddlers/babies around with you isn't it?
It really is the third world down here is'nt it The shops don't employ teams nannies to look after the kids while you go shopping.
Tescos probably take the kids to Euro disneyland for free to keep them entertained while you shop.

Last edited by wombat42; Sep 27th 2005 at 9:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.