Wikiposts

Missing Parcel

Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:17 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Parcel

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
As an APost worker, I absolutely guarantee you, that it's the UK end, where these things are getting tampered with. I lost a Digi Camera that way, it was being sent back by my daughter for warranty work, as was out of order.

We almost certainly know what shift, and where it was most likely tampered with, however it seems they don't have security cameras in their sorting areas, like we do in Aussie. It's what you get when you underpay a workforce, Apost employees are paid enough as to not risk their jobs over little things in the post.
Yep as a former UK postal worker, they don't have cameras well didn't when I worked there.

Although they did have an Investigating department that were watching you all the time.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:07 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Although they did have an Investigating department that were watching you all the time.
without cameras - what were there like millions of them, like oompa lumpas?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 6:21 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say that we have had quite a few items go astray into Oz. The most bizarre one was a parcel of toys sent from the US to Sydney: it never arrived and we were accused by the potential recipient of not posting it.

Twelve months later it turned up, rather the worse for wear but otherwise intact, on our front doorstep in the US! It was correctly addressed to the Oz address yet had scrawled on it, several times, "address not known"!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

We had been sent all our parcels from the UK at the same time, been waiting for the last one from my sis for a couple of weeks, it arrived yesterday with a letter from AQIS stating an item had been removed, It was a snowman which contained sand and a cone, we can pay to have it treated or blown up in the lab at no extra cost :scared:

Sis says its not worth much, just a little token for my Daughter.
All our parcels had been opened and wrapped again, just hope they contain the original contents

Di
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:01 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
without cameras - what were there like millions of them, like oompa lumpas?
Nope they were disguised as postman
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

As an APost worker, I absolutely guarantee you, that it's the UK end, where these things are getting tampered with. I lost a Digi Camera that way, it was being sent back by my daughter for warranty work, as was out of order.

We almost certainly know what shift, and where it was most likely tampered with, however it seems they don't have security cameras in their sorting areas, like we do in Aussie. It's what you get when you underpay a workforce, Apost employees are paid enough as to not risk their jobs over little things in the post.

My Daughter once had a birthday card opened in the UK and the gift token removed, they replaced it with a thankyou note cheeky ba**ards

Di
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:20 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
My wife gets parcels sent over from Asia on a regular basis, all have arrived safely, and fast. Latest was sent last Thursday, and arrived Monday.

I had some CD's sent over from UK, but not all were in the package when I received it.

I don't get it ! My wifes stuff is 50x the value of mine, and hers doesn't get touched.
She been smuggling drugs again ABC?
Old Dec 20th 2005, 7:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
She been smuggling drugs again ABC?
Careful, or you'll get invited over for a jewellery party (bring your purse)

Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:56 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Hi all,

My brother sent 4 parcels over from England 3 weeks ago. 3 of them arrived on the same day, about 10 days ago but we still haven't recieved the other one.

The parcel that is missing contains fig rolls, jammi dodgers few other biscuits and monster munch crisps.

How likely is it that this parcel has been stopped by quarantine? or has a staff member fancied some biscuits?

Just a bit concerned as it contains food.

Thing is, my mum sent a food parcel over aswell and this reached us in a record 4 days (Royal Mail must be doing alright this year)

Anyone else had parcels disappear?

Marie
Haven't had the parcels we've sent go missing except they're always open and any chocolate that I've tried to send my friend has always disappeared?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 21st 2005, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough

My parcel to the UK arrived yesterday. Hurray!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 11:31 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

and mine from the UK turned up yesterday too (after 11 long weeks).
Old Dec 21st 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice

We got a parcel from my sister-in-law in UK this week and all the presents had been opened (they did wrap them up again) but they confiscated our Scotch Broth Mix !! And we were looking forward to a pot of broth on Christmas Day ! But they very kindly left us the empty wrapping paper.....

Oh and posties, not good. I watched our postie write out one of those slips saying a package needed a signature and as we weren't in we had to pick it up from the post office. She didn't even get off her bike to ring our bell. Didn't realise what it was til I went out to pick up the post....wasn't happy.

Judy
Old Dec 21st 2005, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judes2308
We got a parcel from my sister-in-law in UK this week and all the presents had been opened (they did wrap them up again) but they confiscated our Scotch Broth Mix !! And we were looking forward to a pot of broth on Christmas Day ! But they very kindly left us the empty wrapping paper.....

Oh and posties, not good. I watched our postie write out one of those slips saying a package needed a signature and as we weren't in we had to pick it up from the post office. She didn't even get off her bike to ring our bell. Didn't realise what it was til I went out to pick up the post....wasn't happy.

Judy
Thats a time saving exercise on behalf of the postie, who assumed wrongly that you weren't in. If they do that 60 times out of the 1200 drops that they have per day, with say with about 120 door knocks (regies) they would save approx an hour, out door time. They get timed, on the mail volume (by weight divided by density or thickness of mail). If they consistently fall behind these times, they get coded, get coded 3 times for the same thing in a year and you could be looking at dismissal.

Best way around this problem, is to phone up, if you can get the number, of the "local delivery centre" ask to talk to the team leader on that post code, to a quiet word in the posties ear. This will save the postie getting dragged over the coals, and you getting mucked around by other posties in the future, and will absolutely ensure a door knock each and every time you receive a "regie" from the day the complaint is received.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice

Thats a time saving exercise on behalf of the postie, who assumed wrongly that you weren't in. If they do that 60 times out of the 1200 drops that they have per day, with say with about 120 door knocks (regies) they would save approx an hour, out door time. They get timed, on the mail volume (by weight divided by density or thickness of mail). If they consistently fall behind these times, they get coded, get coded 3 times for the same thing in a year and you could be looking at dismissal.

Best way around this problem, is to phone up, if you can get the number, of the "local delivery centre" ask to talk to the team leader on that post code, to a quiet word in the posties ear. This will save the postie getting dragged over the coals, and you getting mucked around by other posties in the future, and will absolutely ensure a door knock each and every time you receive a "regie" from the day the complaint is received.
Thanks, I'll bear that in mind !!