Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another MOZZIE thread

Another MOZZIE thread

Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another MOZZIE thread

It's obvious that the little buggers like our blood - but is there some point in time when you have been in Oz a while that this gets any better, or are you a target for life??????
Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Another MOZZIE thread

hi Ang
we went in march and i have to say i was bitten alive!
As we were getting married there, i didnt relish the thought of me looking like the elephant man. But after around 3 weeks or so they really did seem to stop, with the odd one now and again.

i ended up smoking around eighty fags a day though!
Old Dec 20th 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another MOZZIE thread

I'm just back from Perth and didn't see a single mozzie while there - is that normal for the time of year???
TJ

ps also only one or two flies (even in Kings Park)!, no spiders and no snakes .
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - good to hear, I am very susceptible to the little buggers - so am a bit concerned now its nearing.
angela
Old Dec 21st 2005, 8:37 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Angela

I was expecting the worst on the mozzie front, especially for my oldest daughter as whenever we travelled in Europe she was eaten alive but the other four of us were hardly touched. But, I needn't have worried, she has had maybe a maximum of 4 bites and we have been here 3 and a half months and the bites that she has had have not been the itchy type either. To be honest, I am very surprised that we haven't seen (or heard) more mozzies about.

Hope it proves to be a similar case for you.

Binbird
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 2:08 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Sydney and getting bitten to bits at the moment - even with insect repellent on. Finding it much worse this year, I think it may be because we have a house with a backyard (and lots of plants) now, unlike last summer when we were in a fourth floor unit by the sea. Plus the wet weather we had helped increase the mozzie population / make them more evil..!!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 4:21 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angela Marie
It's obvious that the little buggers like our blood - but is there some point in time when you have been in Oz a while that this gets any better, or are you a target for life??????
I think it does get better - either that or they dont bother me as much. You have to think - Aeroguard to go out anytime near dusk, dawn or in the evening. Mossie coils, Raid Lamps, citronella oil lamps and so forth do help. The reality is that I think you learn to live with it.

I dont wear aftershave or use scented shower gels or such anymore and I think that helps heaps too.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 6:11 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chels
I'm in Sydney and getting bitten to bits at the moment - even with insect repellent on. Finding it much worse this year, I think it may be because we have a house with a backyard (and lots of plants) now, unlike last summer when we were in a fourth floor unit by the sea. Plus the wet weather we had helped increase the mozzie population / make them more evil..!!

Its funny as i havent been bothered by a single mozzie since arriving in Sydney. Normally they eat me alive. But we are in Eastern suburbs not far from the sea.