Missing Parcel

Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:07 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute
Default Missing Parcel

Hi all,

My brother sent 4 parcels over from England 3 weeks ago. 3 of them arrived on the same day, about 10 days ago but we still haven't recieved the other one.

The parcel that is missing contains fig rolls, jammi dodgers few other biscuits and monster munch crisps.

How likely is it that this parcel has been stopped by quarantine? or has a staff member fancied some biscuits?

Just a bit concerned as it contains food.

Thing is, my mum sent a food parcel over aswell and this reached us in a record 4 days (Royal Mail must be doing alright this year)

Anyone else had parcels disappear?

Marie
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

aussiesoon will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Missing Parcel

We sent a parcel to the UK more than 2 weeks ago (usually it takes 8 days). Hopefully it's just the Christmas rush. Aus post have helpfully said that there's no way to track it.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:21 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

We had a package sent over from the UK which was opened by the quarantine people. Bizarrely, it was a child's book and some birthday cards - they had opened one of the cards. Couldn't work out the reason, it was a bog standard card. Maybe it smelt funny!!!!!!!!

I've had a couple of packages go missing UK bound, and am still waiting for one from my sister to Oz. It seems pretty random as to what arrives and what doesn't.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

SiennaRowe is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend sent a parcel containing Advent calendars & christmas stockings, from England, two weeks ago & it hasn't arrived. I hoping it's just to do with the christmas rush........

Just realised how much I miss monster munch crisps!

S xx
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:34 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

We had same thing - but not food related - but 2 parcels with exactly the same contents, posted on the same day, from same post office in UK , (christmass presents for the kids - not some test of the postal service) and one arrived 3 weeks after the other...so do not despair. (yet) ;-)
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:46 pm
ABCDiamond

My wife gets parcels sent over from Asia on a regular basis, all have arrived safely, and fast. Latest was sent last Thursday, and arrived Monday.

I had some CD's sent over from UK, but not all were in the package when I received it.

I don't get it ! My wifes stuff is 50x the value of mine, and hers doesn't get touched.

Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

My parents send parcels over to the UK from the US regularly (usually stuff from the sales) and there is usually no problem. However they sent Christmas presents to my Nan and Granddad last year and they turned up for Easter! In the meantime she had sent a replacement which arrived the day before the first parcel. I haven't tried OZ yet but do have a parcel to send to Belgium so thought that I would wait until after Christmas to send it.
Is it OK to send food over here because if it is then I will let my brother have a list.
Nicky
Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:59 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by webgum
We had a package sent over from the UK which was opened by the quarantine people. Bizarrely, it was a child's book and some birthday cards - they had opened one of the cards. Couldn't work out the reason, it was a bog standard card. Maybe it smelt funny!!!!!!!!

I've had a couple of packages go missing UK bound, and am still waiting for one from my sister to Oz. It seems pretty random as to what arrives and what doesn't.

was the card in a shiney envelope? my son got sent over cards one was in a gold envelope and it was the only one opened
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:19 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We had a parcel sent from the Uk which never got to us - but it eventually arrived back on our parents doorstep ( they had put return address on back) having been to Aus, with "NOT KNOW AT THIS ADDRESS" written on the front!
Always send recorded delivery may cost more but you have a way of tracking it!
Karen x
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:23 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

my mum sent a parcel out 11 weeks ago, and i've still seen no sign of it!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

My mum sent a parcel early last year and it never came. I spoke to Aus post about leaving parcels outside as we lived next to an alley way and it could have been pinched Annoying hey.
Recently I was having a rummage in the garage (which is a mess!) and stumbled upon a cobwebby parcel from my SIL, the postie must have lifted up the door and shoved it in - I had no way of knowing it would be there.
The posties here seem much more laid back than in the UK, although back there we had a flat fronted terrace house hence nowhere to leave stuff.
Anyway, my mum is still waiting on a parcel sent 3 weeks ago, next time I will send it recorded delivery.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

All our christmas parcels have arrived ok, but mum sent me out a birthday parcel in September which still hasnt arrived yet .
There were a couple of items that were my dads in the package, which have great sentimental value to me............am really hoping the package crops up real soon
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:46 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

I've found that even when ordering CD's of the internet they can take anywhere from 7 days to 3 weeks! I've had them delivered and they have obviously been opened and put in a new emvelope, dont know if they think there is something naughty in there or what. But the latest Cd was sent to England just because it had west sussex on it even though it had my aussie address and AUSTRALIA in big letters too! I ended up getting it for nothing cos I thought it had gone astray and so emailed the website I bought it from who refunded my money. Xmas came early for me!
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:55 am

Mandy&Stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We had a parcel opened from the quarantine as it contained dog chews lol anyway they removed them and also sent us lots of info about not letting certain food come into the country - so not sure if that would apply to your parcel - also that one took 2 weeks............. saying that another one was opened that contained a few clothes, but they never opened a parcel that had a xmas stocking in, I reckon its if the sniffer dogs pick anything up or not ............ thats my theory
Old Dec 21st 2005, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
My wife gets parcels sent over from Asia on a regular basis, all have arrived safely, and fast. Latest was sent last Thursday, and arrived Monday.

I had some CD's sent over from UK, but not all were in the package when I received it.

I don't get it ! My wifes stuff is 50x the value of mine, and hers doesn't get touched.

As an APost worker, I absolutely guarantee you, that it's the UK end, where these things are getting tampered with. I lost a Digi Camera that way, it was being sent back by my daughter for warranty work, as was out of order.

We almost certainly know what shift, and where it was most likely tampered with, however it seems they don't have security cameras in their sorting areas, like we do in Aussie. It's what you get when you underpay a workforce, Apost employees are paid enough as to not risk their jobs over little things in the post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.