missing boxes!!

Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:38 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default missing boxes!!

iv been busy sorting out my personal things such as photos and started to think what i would do if they went missing as no amount of money could ever replace them theres hundreds of them.

i know sometimes boxes get damaged a bit but has anyone ever lost boxes? im starting to think i should take a suitcase of photos as hand luggage
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: missing boxes!!

Originally Posted by kelli28
iv been busy sorting out my personal things such as photos and started to think what i would do if they went missing as no amount of money could ever replace them theres hundreds of them.

i know sometimes boxes get damaged a bit but has anyone ever lost boxes? im starting to think i should take a suitcase of photos as hand luggage
can you scan them and put them onto a disk, much easier to carry than photos themselves..obviously if you have hundreds of photos it will take ages so maybe select the really precious ones..
do you still have the negatives for them? if so take these in your luggage..
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:02 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I wouldnt give it a second thought, we packed all sorts of stuff to be shipped, and 100% of it arrived undamaged and unmarked, the boxes were in the same condition when they arrived as they had been when they left. The shippers are (from our experience) very professional.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

i took a few precious ones in my suitcase just in case,i was being cautious

see ya soon
tracey
Old Sep 20th 2005, 3:32 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

This was my nightmare too, not helped by a lovely set of pics posted here that showed a container disappearing over the side of a cargo ship in rough seas. That freaked me out!!

We scanned all our precious pictures onto CD-ROM - but it took a while. I didn't worry - rightly or wrongly - about professional pics like our wedding photo's as there are negs in England still. But it's the *snaps* that we have taken that I was concerned about. Thankfully, it appears that it was wasted effort and time. But it did bring peace of mind. *Things* can be replaced - memories can't, and as some of the pics are of my mum, I wasn't prepared to take any risks.

Sue
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

My husbands uncle has captains containers ships for over 20 years. Apparently containers do go overboard in high seas. I only found this out once I pack our wedding photos :scared: Our boxes are due to arrive in mid-November so fingers crossed. I now wish I had scanned them on to disk first
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:30 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
i took a few precious ones in my suitcase just in case,i was being cautious

see ya soon
tracey
how manys a few? i might pack a a few envolpes and scan some others in will have to give that job to me dad to do
Old Sep 20th 2005, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
This was my nightmare too, not helped by a lovely set of pics posted here that showed a container disappearing over the side of a cargo ship in rough seas. That freaked me out!!

Sue
lol i seen those too :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

capacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to allcapacity is a name known to all

I took all our personal stuff on the plane - as you say those things you cannot replace.
Old Sep 20th 2005, 8:27 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering the same thing about jewelry, doesn't feel safe in the suitcase especially as we will be travelling a bit before we arrive. I suppose I should put it in the container? Also what about important documents should we keep these with us we have a lot of paperwork!!!