miss ex-work?

Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default miss ex-work?

just wondering..... there are probably lots in my shoes right now, so just wanted to see how many actually really really had enough of their current job, and decided to take this visa plunge, and move to oz, to realise, 6 months down the line, that they actually.... (reluctantly!) miss their ex-work??
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: miss ex-work?

Originally Posted by ChocCake
just wondering..... there are probably lots in my shoes right now, so just wanted to see how many actually really really had enough of their current job, and decided to take this visa plunge, and move to oz, to realise, 6 months down the line, that they actually.... (reluctantly!) miss their ex-work??
In England I was a partner in a law firm. Arrived in Oz October 07 to be a stay at home mum! Deep down I thought I would miss work. Do I????????

NO!!!! I am loving it. My husband really liked his job in England. His job here is different but he likes it all the same. At the end of the day, if he didn't like his job he would look for a new one.

the whole point of our move was for a lifestyle change. We have achieved that and have no plans to revert back to what we had in England.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by micnic
In England I was a partner in a law firm. Arrived in Oz October 07 to be a stay at home mum! Deep down I thought I would miss work. Do I????????

NO!!!! I am loving it. My husband really liked his job in England. His job here is different but he likes it all the same. At the end of the day, if he didn't like his job he would look for a new one.

the whole point of our move was for a lifestyle change. We have achieved that and have no plans to revert back to what we had in England.
OH am i glad to hear you say that!!!!!!!

i SO can't wait to get out of this place... but at the same time, i know its a job i know, people i've worked with for many years, its a comfort zone!!

but i hear so many stories of people coming back.... it is sad & scary!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:48 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I think if you are only 6 months down the line that this is inevitable. Give it another 18 months and you will miss less of the "old" as the "new" becomes more familiar. Saying that, no reason not to change jobs soon
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

I did exactly that thought Id had enough of my old uk job.Now realise just how good I had it good rates of pay,job security,holiday pay,maternity pay,and great colleagues with a good sense of humour.

none of which I have found in ozf
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

I actually really like where I work now, its stressful as hell right now but I know that won't be for ever. Really good team, excellent boss and our director is a great guy as well. I do expect to miss it, and especially the people.

Still can't wait to move though.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ellie10990
I did exactly that thought Id had enough of my old uk job.Now realise just how good I had it good rates of pay,job security,holiday pay,maternity pay,and great colleagues with a good sense of humour.

none of which I have found in ozf
umm.. where did you work!?!? perhaps we should go there.... !
how does oz do the maternity pay..?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

yeah, to be honest its one of the things that I miss most (apart from family and friends that is) I was a Housing Officer in the UK with local government and I really miss my job. I'm a Property Manager here and its completely different. OH says I was spoilt working for local government though what with flexi time, 25 days annual leave plus PH's, TOIL, brilliant superannuation scheme and 8.48-5 hours mon-frid with an hour for lunch.....maybe he was right!!!!! Its about the only thing that I'm not happy with here, I haven't found a job that gives me satisfaction like I used to get from my old job. Still looking though.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Nikki.P
yeah, to be honest its one of the things that I miss most (apart from family and friends that is) I was a Housing Officer in the UK with local government and I really miss my job. I'm a Property Manager here and its completely different. OH says I was spoilt working for local government though what with flexi time, 25 days annual leave plus PH's, TOIL, brilliant superannuation scheme and 8.48-5 hours mon-frid with an hour for lunch.....maybe he was right!!!!! Its about the only thing that I'm not happy with here, I haven't found a job that gives me satisfaction like I used to get from my old job. Still looking though.
sigh.. this is what im worried about. want to leave this job desperately.. but on the other hand, its also flexi, knows everyone, knows the job, etc! sigh..
but im determined oz will give kids a better life.... more outdoor... etc!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

at least in oz you go to work when th suns shining, i know its not everything but u gotta admit it makes you feel on top of the world anyway, whatever the day throws at you!!!!!! how old are your kids?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lisaroo
at least in oz you go to work when th suns shining, i know its not everything but u gotta admit it makes you feel on top of the world anyway, whatever the day throws at you!!!!!! how old are your kids?
well that's the idea, although i came from a country that's really hot & humid, but as i left when i was 20, i can't exactly say i wasn't stressed out -- not much to be stressed about at that age! LOL

my kids are 3 & 5

it is depressing to look outside thinking let's go out in the garden as the sun is shining.. but no... ITS TOO DAMN COLD!!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

feel exactly the same at the moment almost feel i have robbed them of something, i have 3 boys 6 yrs, 2yrs and 10 mths, i cant wait to return to oz and wish i had come back to uk sooner for a holiday as it was then i realised. my kids have constant colds and bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

my kids will thank me one day, although our bank balance wont, i should get a discount from the removal firms!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lisaroo
feel exactly the same at the moment almost feel i have robbed them of something, i have 3 boys 6 yrs, 2yrs and 10 mths, i cant wait to return to oz and wish i had come back to uk sooner for a holiday as it was then i realised. my kids have constant colds and bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH MY GOD tell me about colds & bugs!!! i have never been so sick with flu, colds, bugs, whatever you wish to call it -- IN MY LIFE! ok im only just over 30, but heck.... if i get one free-bug-week i'd be smiling!!

i guess you dont get this in oz?

how come you came back?
Old Mar 20th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

HUBBY DAD RETIRING FROM FAMILY BUSSINESS, AND HE WANTS TO BE THE BOSS FOR A FEW YEARS, HA HA! but we plan to return to oz just b4 our visa expires the kids will still be young so hell we just gonna go for it! i did have the flu last winter in oz but doesnt seem as severe when you can recover on a sunlounger!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.