Mining jobs in Australia

Mining jobs in Australia

Old Jan 4th 2012, 10:33 am
Just Joined

melanied1711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mining jobs in Australia

Hi there.
Just looking for some advice really.
We are hoping to move to Australia within the next 18months. My Husband is looking for work in the mining industry. He holds an HGV class1 licence and ADR licence (dangerous goods).
Trawled the internet which is full of companies asking for money to find us a job. Is this the only way to go or can we apply to mines direct in some way? If so how?
Don't know where to start

Many thanks
Old Jan 4th 2012, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mining jobs in Australia

Theres a few on here who know drivers in the mines and im sure they will be along soon. But it is very hard to get into as every man and his dog want to work there. Iv just got a position as an exploration geo and am waiting for my Visa so I can get started!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, much appreciated.
I will wait for more info then and keep fingers crossed.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

See if theres anything useful in this thread..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=mining+jobs
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

devxon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melanied1711
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
I will wait for more info then and keep fingers crossed.
Companies asking you to paid to find a job? Did I understand right?

That's insane! Take a look at Seek and Mycareer since they're free, do forget about pay to find a job!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Defo has opened my eyes a bit more!!
Thanks for that. Will show my husband when he gets home
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:16 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Half the Aussie job population wants to work in the mines. Unless you're highly skilled and sought after you've more chance of becomming Australian priminister
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Half the Aussie job population wants to work in the mines. Unless you're highly skilled and sought after you've more chance of becomming Australian priminister
Okay, thanks!? I think
Old Jan 4th 2012, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Icecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud ofIcecube has much to be proud of

........Based on the calibre and quality of the present PM I fully agree
Old Jan 4th 2012, 9:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there.
We are hoping to move to Australia within the next 18months. My Husband is looking for work in the mining industry. He holds an HGV class1 licence and ADR licence (dangerous goods).
Trawled the internet which is full of companies asking for money to find us a job. Is this the only way to go or can we apply to mines direct in some way? If so how?

Many thanks
Do you already have visas or are you looking for a job with a company that will do visa sponsorship as well?
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there.

Many thanks
Getting an unskilled job in mining can be nororiously fickle. Some people walk into the industry without trying, others battle like hell and get nowhere. Why it is like this I don't but that's what it is. It seems that if you chase a job, it never happens.

Look at the major job websites like Seek and also contact mining companies direct - Google will be your friend.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Getting an unskilled job in mining can be nororiously fickle. Some people walk into the industry without trying, others battle like hell and get nowhere. Why it is like this I don't but that's what it is. It seems that if you chase a job, it never happens.

Look at the major job websites like Seek and also contact mining companies direct - Google will be your friend.

The best way to go is to drive into the mine sites and have a word with them on-site, not for everybody but I know a few people who decided to give it a go and they all found employment in the mines, live rough but earn big.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:58 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icecube
........Based on the calibre and quality of the present PM I fully agree
You'd have to be bucking bonkers to want Julia's job mate
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

So true.

Our local and city paper has the past few days many outraged people claiming the mining job boom is hot air.

The only people I have known to get in are people who know someone. The jobs are highly sought after.

The bigger industry in all this seems to be the amount of training organisations that have cropped who charge gross fees for jobs that dont exist.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Hi there.

Many thanks
It's all a con, they prey on people wanting to work in the mining industry.

Another site to look at is www.skilled.com. Your husband already has his licence so it shouldn't be that much to transfer it once he gets his Oz licence, not sure if it's a straight swap of licence or if he has to sit a test, someone on here will know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.