Wikiposts

millicent

Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:00 am
Just Joined

COLIN AND LYN is an unknown quantity at this point

Pete
Thanks a lot for info. Sounds like it would be ideal for us to live in Mount Gambier and commute to Millicent for work. We are also camping" nuts" and can't wait to explore the country side over there.
Cheers again,
Col
Originally posted by PeteY
Thought you may be interested to know that Larry is up for sale at the moment! He, and the cafe just behind him are going for between 400 and 600k....

Could be a "red hot" investment!! Haahahaha. I crack myself up

Anyway....

Col,

Millicent high has an ok rep, but i know quite a few kids in Millicent who actually went to one of the Mounts 4 high schools. They reckon that although many Millicent kids when there, Millicent high tended to service the surrounding towns more (like southend, beachport, rendlesham etc.

The Mount has 4 high schools, 2 of which are meant to be ok, and the other 2 are meant to be extremely good (according to the paper, and our teacher friends). Tenison Woods has an excellent reputation, but is a private catholic school. If you have the cash spare its worth looking at. The other school thats doing well at the moment is Grant high. My younger brother in law went there and he reckons it was great.

None of the high schools in this area have a bad reputation, to my knowledge. The Mount, and the lower south east is a very rich area (compared to most rural areas in SA), because of the timber industry, and the high rainfall (cattle + crops love it). The Coonawarra is a big earner too.

All in all i feel its a really nice area. Good community spirit, enough for us to do leisure wise (we like outdoor stuff, fishing, camping, walking etc). It can be a bit cleiky (spelling?), but you get that in any small community.

Pete.