Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Arrived safe and well

Arrived safe and well

Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:00 am
Go Banana's !!

Talking Arrived safe and well

Hi everyone!

Well, we dreamt about it and now we are here. I personally longed for the day when we crossed the arrivals area and into the arms of the rels - we were a mass of hugs and tears it was fantastic!!

Hilarious - we were greated at immigration by a scouser at the desk - had right laugh, here's us thinking we would be greated by an Aussie.

House we are staying at is lovely. BTW load of rubbish about the bread, it's lovely and we are opposite a bakery. Seems as if we are very handy for everything. This place will be what you make it, we have a list of dozens of things we need to do and see. I woke up at 4:30am with all the plans swimming around in my head. Had to get up and have a bowl of frosties, as I was starving. And the best news ever BOVRIL IS BACK !!!

Off to activate our bank accounts and pick up my new car today and perhaps a bit of late night shopping.
So far so good - it just feels right, but very early days yet - will keep you all posted - even if we have bad days.

I feel an amazing sense of relief that we are finally here and feel incredibly lucky that we have been given the opportunity to do this and not planning on wasting it.

Take care guys and will keep you posted (on rels pc, getting ours tommorrow)

Jill and Warren

Perth here and now !!!

Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Arrived safe and well

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi everyone!

Well, we dreamt about it and now we are here. I personally longed for the day when we crossed the arrivals area and into the arms of the rels - we were a mass of hugs and tears it was fantastic!!

Hilarious - we were greated at immigration by a scouser at the desk - had right laugh, here's us thinking we would be greated by an Aussie.

House we are staying at is lovely. BTW load of rubbish about the bread, it's lovely and we are opposite a bakery. Seems as if we are very handy for everything. This place will be what you make it, we have a list of dozens of things we need to do and see. I woke up at 4:30am with all the plans swimming around in my head. Had to get up and have a bowl of frosties, as I was starving. And the best news ever BOVRIL IS BACK !!!

Off to activate our bank accounts and pick up my new car today and perhaps a bit of late night shopping.
So far so good - it just feels right, but very early days yet - will keep you all posted - even if we have bad days.

I feel an amazing sense of relief that we are finally here and feel incredibly lucky that we have been given the opportunity to do this and not planning on wasting it.

Jill and Warren

Perth here and now !!!

Congratulations guys - where in Perth are you?

re: bread - i agree - when we visited in April the bread we got from the bakers on the woodvale shopping arcade was beautiful

Good luck with everything

I cant wait until we are reporting back like you - have another 6 months to wait though

Dave
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:26 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to perth !!!!!!

Great isnt it ????

Enjoy your first few days and have fun with your new car. Dont go too mad with the shopping

If you need anything (even just to get away from the rellies for an hour or so) just give us a shout.

There are loads of us here in perth who will be only to pleased to help

Take care
Mairi
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:38 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by darkless
Congratulations guys - where in Perth are you?

re: bread - i agree - when we visited in April the bread we got from the bakers on the woodvale shopping arcade was beautiful

Good luck with everything

I cant wait until we are reporting back like you - have another 6 months to wait though

Dave
hi Dave,
We are currently living in Ballajura and using my cousins computer in Landsdale. Our little girl will be going to school in Landsdale in a couple of weeks - my Uncle and cousin built the school !!

So far so good and have a busy day today. I think we have the next few days planned with getting the house the way we want it(I say we but really I mean to say Jill, as I'll probably be only paying for the stuff !!).

Its so good to have the rellies here. They have pre-empted most of the things we need or will want to get without being in-our-face.

I have to say, that even though its Winter here, it was so nice to wake up and sit in the lounge lookig out onto the pool and thiking WOW....we did it !! Although I'll have to wait a few months until I can enjoy it all full time.

Marie/Chris,
Thanks for the PM and the phone number. Really appreciate your offer and I'm sure we'll see you soon at the Hilliary's meet...oops only Jill as I forgot I've got to go back to the UK...not home anymore as this will be our new one !!

Best wishes
Warren

Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Hi everyone!

Jill and Warren

Perth here and now !!!
Jill & Warren
Glad to hear that you arrived ok. So tell us more about the first class journey then.

Wishing you all the very best of luck for the future. Keep posting.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 6:55 am

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

Jill and Warren

Perth here and now !!!

You made it!!

Have a great time you guys! and keep us posted
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:04 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantsatic! Im looking forward to reading your updates.

Take care,
Lucy
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:21 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Bananas! Cna't believe you're there already, although top effort for posting so quickly. Has it sunk in yet????

Looking forward to your tales of aussie life....
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:33 am
Living the Oz lifestyle..

sunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant futuresunchaser has a brilliant future

Hi Go Bananas,

Such fab news that you are now in Perth - just where we want to be! Do keep the posts coming, it's great to hear things are going well.

Take care,
Sunchaser
6 weeks, 5 days to go.....
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:47 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jill and Warren

Glad you made it Ok and look forward to hearing about your progress.

Best wishes

G
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Bananas

Glad you made it OK and are enjoying your new life !

How was the flight ??
Old Jul 15th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hi Jill & Warren
So very pleased that you have settled in so well and so quickly, you are so right when you say 'life is what you make it' that goes for wherever you are, whatever you do in life, i'm really over the moon for you and pray that you get a buyer on your house back here really really soon
with love and hugs
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxx
Old Jul 15th 2004, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see you on here already.
I think the weather has brightened up for your arrival.
Keep us all posted.

Whisky
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gill and Warren hope everything turns out for you.It will be great to hear about your new life good days and bad and be honest!.Looking to come to Perth next year if everything works out.Take Care
Dreamaway
Old Jul 15th 2004, 1:21 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Perth guys!!!

So glad you made it in good form. Enjoy the "holiday" phase of arriving... all to soon it becomes normal...lol.

Looking forward to seeing you at the meet!! (Well Jill anyway, next time Warren )

Siren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.