Reload this Page >

Migration Virgins

Migration Virgins

Old Dec 12th 2006, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Max & Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Migration Virgins

Hi to everyone
We are new to this site. So I'll give you all a bit of background info.
After 2 years of 'dithering' (northwest slang) we have finally decided to make the move to OZ. Appointed a Migration Agent (to hold our hands) and started the first round of form filling - it's already doing my head in - Phil(hubby) useless at this kind of thing,but good at giving answers and brewing up. So it's down to me, just finding enough time to sit down and collate all this info is mind blowing, so any advice/help you can give us will be gratefully appreciated. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Virgins

Originally Posted by Max & Phil
Hi to everyone
After 2 years of 'dithering' (northwest slang) we have finally decided to make the move to OZ. Appointed a Migration Agent (to hold our hands) and started the first round of form filling - it's already doing my head in - Phil(hubby) useless at this kind of thing,but good at giving answers and brewing up. So it's down to me, just finding enough time to sit down and collate all this info is mind blowing, so any advice/help you can give us will be gratefully appreciated. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Hello and welcome to BE

Take it all one step at a time, and if you need any info post your question and someone should be able to help.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 11:39 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to everyone

Hi there and welcome to the madness......Any questions that you have will be answered on here........all of ours were and we passed our TRA no probs without an agent the ppl on here are amazing.

Just ask away i asked all sorts about lots and got answers for everything.

What are you applying as if you dnt mind me asking.

Good luck, hold tight and enjoy the ride
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to everyone

Hi welcome to the site, plenty of people who will be happy to help you.

It is definetly mind blowing with all the paper work, try not to get to stressed though just take your time provide plenty of info and more. It will all be worth it in the end.

Good luck

Sarah
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Hi to everyone

where in the northwest are you both from..manchester myself .at the start theres loads of paper work but keep plodding
good luck!!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Max & Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Migration Virgins

Originally Posted by chippie74
where in the northwest are you both from..manchester myself .at the start theres loads of paper work but keep plodding
good luck!!
Hi Chippie,
We live in Westhoughton just outside Bolton.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 11:38 am
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

Bolton, brilliant! That's where you eat purs and girls have blond hur, right?
Form filling IS a nightmare, and I had the same experience with male person not being overly useful I first tried to go for Defacto, didn't qualify, then couldn't decide whether to apply for SIR or Sponsorship as he couldn't make up his mind, where he wanted to live and was still trying to change it after I'd found my sponsor! We did all this over the phone, too, so he didn't even brew up!
Anyways, you'll get there, and if you've got visa questions, go to the immigration threads further down.
Do you know where you want to move to?
Old Dec 13th 2006, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to everyone
Welcome from rainy Oldham !

Patience ,preparation, and methodical oragnization ....this site is really useful for help tho..

Dave
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Hi to everyone
All the best with the paper work, yes it is a wee bit of a nightmare but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end
Old Dec 14th 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Hi Chippie,
We live in Westhoughton just outside Bolton.
hello!
we live in westhoughton too!!
can't think why you'd want to leave....traffic, too overcrowded, every bit of grass being built on, do i need to go on???!!!
we're hopefully heading to perth in Feb, can't wait!
this forum has been invaluable for research, almost everyhing you need to know is either already on here, or someone will know if you ask
good luck,
louise x
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by indalo
hello!
we live in westhoughton too!!
can't think why you'd want to leave....traffic, too overcrowded, every bit of grass being built on, do i need to go on???!!!
we're hopefully heading to perth in Feb, can't wait!
this forum has been invaluable for research, almost everyhing you need to know is either already on here, or someone will know if you ask
good luck,
louise x
sorry off on a tangent but... indalo as in 'indalo' in mojacar, southern spain? just wondered - got my indalo necklace now

good luck with the move.. perth is gorgeous
Old Dec 15th 2006, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

ajbutler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to everyone
HI MAX AND PHIL,
WE (ANDREW AND CLAIRE) ARE IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE AS YOU. AND YES MY WIFE IS DOING ALL THE PAPER WORK APART FROM MY ASSESSMENT PAPERS FROM MY LAST JOB. I AM TRYING TO DO MY ASSESSMENT FROM A JOB I WAS IN NEARLY 12 YRS AGO,NOT GOOD! AND STILL WAITING FOR MY NEW EMPLOYERS TO DO A REPORT FOR THE LAST YEAR.(ONLY STARTED THERE A YEAR AGO). WE ARE GOING TO TRY IT WITHOUT ANY HELP IF POSS,THEY DO COST ABIT.IM A CNC LATHE OPERATOR AND LOOKING AT BRISBANE.MY WIFE HAS WORKED IN THE BANK FOR 20 YEARS BUT ONLY ON THE COUNTER. WE HAVE NO PAPERWORK SO IM WRITING EVERYTHING I CAN IN DETAIL. I HAVE GOT 2 UNCLES IN BRISBANE AND WE ARE JUST GETTING TO KNOW THEM AGAIN,NOT SEEN THEM IN 15YEARS OR SO! SO GOOD LUCK,LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON
Old Dec 15th 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Originally Posted by zoe13
sorry off on a tangent but... indalo as in 'indalo' in mojacar, southern spain? just wondered - got my indalo necklace now

good luck with the move.. perth is gorgeous
hello,
yes! two fab holidays in mojacar, and using "indalo" as supposed to bring luck! ( hope your indalo necklace works for you!)
louise x
Old Dec 18th 2006, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

hi guys
im from oldham but couldnt do with the cold after spending 12 months in oz last year so we moved to spain whilst we do our visa application. We sent off our tra last week to oz havnt heard if it has arrived as yet but with the xmas post who knows when it will arrive. All the best for the future
Old Dec 19th 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by indalo
hello,
yes! two fab holidays in mojacar, and using "indalo" as supposed to bring luck! ( hope your indalo necklace works for you!)
louise x

well i hope it helps! havent been there for a long time now, used to spend all summer there when we were kids.

good luck!