Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migration costs!!!

Migration costs!!!

Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Pinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the rough
Default Migration costs!!!

Not sure If I am in the right section, but.........

'How much did you pay for a migration agent?' Or what is the going rate for one. We are looking to go with one, have one but want to make sure we are not being ripped off, before we sign on the dotted line!!!!

Any pointers would be great thanks!!

Mike and Donna
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration costs!!!

Originally Posted by Pinkyfox

'How much did you pay for a migration agent?' Or what is the going rate for one. We are looking to go with one, have one but want to make sure we are not being ripped off, before we sign on the dotted line!!!!

Mike and Donna
We went with Global visas, it was 1500 pound
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:42 am
SharonC

sharon_gareth is an unknown quantity at this point

We used http://www.ianharrop.co.uk/ and paid about 800 pound, that was for my husband and I. We migrated to Perth on a skilled migrant visa in Oct 03.

Sharon
www.immigrateperth.com
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:46 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

- What is your intended visa pathway?

- If a skilled visa, what is your occupation?

Best regards.

Mike and Donna
Old Oct 16th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Pinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the roughPinkyfox is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
- What is your intended visa pathway?

- If a skilled visa, what is your occupation?

Best regards.

We hope to go on skilled visa, Occupation is a Lift Engineer, which I beleive they call Lift Mechanic.

Thanks all

D and M
Old Oct 16th 2005, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

We hope to go on skilled visa, Occupation is a Lift Engineer, which I beleive they call Lift Mechanic.

Thanks all

D and M
Hi

Noticed you are from Bournemouth (we are from Poole) we used http://www.australia-migration.com but later found out their is a agent based in Poole http://www.wessexmigration.co.uk. We were very happy with ASA service and would recommend them although they are not the cheapest.

Where you heading to in Aus???

All the best
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

lightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nicelightr0d2o is just really nice

We are going skilled independent, and paid our agent £1500 plus VAT. £1762.50 all in. Most will split it down into two parts. The TRA application and then the DIMIA part. Definitely worth going with an agent at least for the fist part if you ask me. The second part is easier and we could have coped ourself, But we took the lazy route and got agent to do it all. Watch out for hidden costs though like authenticating of documents, photocopying and courier fees, there are some others too. Advice is the same as always shop about and know what your getting for your money..

all the best of luck

Cockney Rob>>>>
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:05 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

We used Go Matilda, they have a fixed price policy (I think) we were charged just under £1000 including VAT.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandi248
We used Go Matilda, they have a fixed price policy (I think) we were charged just under £1000 including VAT.
HI there we live in Poole and we are going on a parent ccontribution visa we are using Wessex migration and it costs £940 with the vat Janet
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tabby
Hi

Noticed you are from Bournemouth (we are from Poole) we used http://www.australia-migration.com but later found out their is a agent based in Poole http://www.wessexmigration.co.uk. We were very happy with ASA service and would recommend them although they are not the cheapest.

Where you heading to in Aus???

All the best
Hello,

It is so nice to see so many people from our end of the country taking the same steps as us!!

We would like to head to Queensland. We think Bayside is wounderful we notice that is where you are heading!!

Many thanks for everyone's reply

Donna and Mike
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:43 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Hi
Why not do it yourself and save money. If you have a straightforward situation then it should be Ok and fairly simple, you can always use BE to ask difficult questions. You need to tell a migration agent all the details for them to put on the form so why not just do it yourself and save a few quid.
I'm doing it myself and so far has all been OK, I've send off my 136 form and just waiting for medical requests.
Good luck
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:38 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Mike and Donna

Hiya,

did min myself, an I'm no einstein (my brain is normal)
Print out the booklet, take a read, find your assessing body, read all their info and go from their.

Bye
Mark
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

It is so nice to see so many people from our end of the country taking the same steps as us!!

We would like to head to Queensland. We think Bayside is wounderful we notice that is where you are heading!!

Many thanks for everyone's reply

Donna and Mike
Hi again there is a south coast meet on 6th November we haven't been to one before but thought we would go and see what other people had to say the last thread was on 13 October so you could look at it and see if you would be interested Janet
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:31 pm
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya,

did min myself, an I'm no einstein (my brain is normal)
Print out the booklet, take a read, find your assessing body, read all their info and go from their.

Bye
Mark
I agree - do it yourself. Take an online points test, if you pass and as long as you can read and write, you'll be fine - it ain't brain science.

Can someone explain what migration agents do for their money (serious question). When we went to sandown the spiel was - 'we have over 20 years of Australian migration knowledge, blah blah blah'. My question was what does that count for when the requirements change from year to year?

Surely migrating to another country is pretty black and white. Either you meet the criteria or you don't?

Figure out which category you stand best chance of getting in under and read all the government material. That will spell out all the pitfalls and requirements.

I'm thinking I'm in the wrong job. £1500 for filling our forms and photocopying for other people?!

R
R

Last edited by samnrob2; Oct 16th 2005 at 8:35 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 11:11 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If Aussie immigration law is that simple why do so many fail to:

1. Obtain a positive skills assessment classification?

2. Obtain a visa?

Speaking as someone who works in the areas of taxation law and migration law I'm afraid law generally isn't black and white. Both of these areas are subject to interpretation, an understanding how the system works, and how to present your case.

Note that I'm not saying an informed person can't prepare a visa application him/herself. However, the risk of getting it wrong ought to be reduced by a suitable choice of advisor.

Best regards.

Originally Posted by samnrob2
I agree - do it yourself. Take an online points test, if you pass and as long as you can read and write, you'll be fine - it ain't brain science.

Can someone explain what migration agents do for their money (serious question). When we went to sandown the spiel was - 'we have over 20 years of Australian migration knowledge, blah blah blah'. My question was what does that count for when the requirements change from year to year?

Surely migrating to another country is pretty black and white. Either you meet the criteria or you don't?

Figure out which category you stand best chance of getting in under and read all the government material. That will spell out all the pitfalls and requirements.

I'm thinking I'm in the wrong job. £1500 for filling our forms and photocopying for other people?!

R
R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.