Reload this Page >

migration agents uk

migration agents uk

Old Jan 21st 2003, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default migration agents uk

hi
does anyone know of any good migrant agencies in or around Nottingham uk? will they give free advise if your not planning on applying till next year?
cheers
Old Jan 21st 2003, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: migration agents uk

Hi me again...

Don't know of any in the local area, but you need to ensure they are registed by the mara. Link: http://www.themara.com.au

Also some advise on here and are good and helpful, but not local: Try:
http://www.gomatilda.com/home.cfm
http://www.austimmigration.com.au

You should also plan to attend Emigrate show in March for advice, information and to meet some of them.
Link
http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001

Do some research, Cheers
Mash..

Originally posted by ellen1
hi
does anyone know of any good migrant agencies in or around Nottingham uk? will they give free advise if your not planning on applying till next year?
cheers
Old Jan 21st 2003, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Having been bitten terribly by Four Corners (Cheshire) and found ourselves 2700k short and still no visa after 2 years, i would suggest really looking around.
Find out what their success rates are and how qualified are their staff? (ie have they any idea!)
Also consider someone who works on a no win no fee basis (one of the moderators used this method and got through quickly and effectively). They have a vested interest as they have alot to lose if you dont get through.
the average price seems to be about 800 pounds. Dont be fooled by people like 4 Corners- the more you spend in this case does not mean the better service you get- believe me!

Good luck!

Nicky
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 1:56 am
Just Joined

cyclops3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Grub
Having been bitten terribly by Four Corners (Cheshire) and found ourselves 2700k short and still no visa after 2 years, i would suggest really looking around.
Find out what their success rates are and how qualified are their staff? (ie have they any idea!)
Also consider someone who works on a no win no fee basis (one of the moderators used this method and got through quickly and effectively). They have a vested interest as they have alot to lose if you dont get through.
the average price seems to be about 800 pounds. Dont be fooled by people like 4 Corners- the more you spend in this case does not mean the better service you get- believe me!

Good luck!

Nicky
Nicky

Thanks for this bit of info.
I am dismayed as I am beginning the process of applying for Oz through 4 Corners in Cheshire.
4 Corners proudly state that 99% (or whatever it is) of people applying through them were successsful.
Do you think that they are just slow or really don't care about service and their reputation once they your money is in the bank ?

PS / I hope you do get a positive result soon !

Mike
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

I am sure that we have been unfortunate but considering they have affected both my sisters and my case it seems a bit coincidental. My sister went through sponsored (my uncle has been in Perth for 30 years). She needed 2 yrs out of the previous three in employment before lodgment. As she had been travelling this would have meant she satisified the criteria in April 01 but Helen Brereton (both our case officer) lodged them in Dec 00. When they had their case opened in July they had an outright rejection. They have now had to pay a fortune to get a 457 which means they still dont have PR. When we had our case opened in Dec we were told by the High Commission that we were short of 12 months experience. Again- Helen had lodged us without all the info that we needed. We (after a 2 year wait) are now at the back of yet another 3 month postal queue. We have sacked the agents who are refusing a refund because as far s they are concerned they have done a job. Well all i can say is if i did that bad a job then i would be more than happy to refund my client to save embarrassment.

Just watch them and if you can change agents (ie get your money back ) then do. They are expensive and as far as we are concernced- a waste of money.

PS they are also terrible at correspondence. After lodgement in May 01 we never heard from them again. We have done virtually all the work oursleves. Including phoning the HC, getting out own medicals and police checks done etc.

I am sorry that i cant be more positive but they have screwed with our lives and i find that unforgivable.

If you can change agents my sister used a fab one in Perth who is excellent and not expensive. I also have another good one who my mum used in Urmston who again i would highly recommenf and cost 1/3 of the price. Lovely people and take their jobs very personally!

Originally posted by cyclops3
Nicky

Thanks for this bit of info.
I am dismayed as I am beginning the process of applying for Oz through 4 Corners in Cheshire.
4 Corners proudly state that 99% (or whatever it is) of people applying through them were successsful.
Do you think that they are just slow or really don't care about service and their reputation once they your money is in the bank ?

PS / I hope you do get a positive result soon !

Mike
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

cyclops3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this
I am committed already - signed up as 4 C were recommended by someone at work.
I have taken notes however and thanks for this info - at least making a pest of myself from the beginning may have the desired effect !
I sympathise with your experience - it takes unnecessary chunks out of your life and I agree it was unforgivable.
Do you mind if I bother you for the details for the Perth and Urmstom ? Hope it doesn't come to that !

Good Luck

Originally posted by Grub
I am sure that we have been unfortunate but considering they have affected both my sisters and my case it seems a bit coincidental. My sister went through sponsored (my uncle has been in Perth for 30 years). She needed 2 yrs out of the previous three in employment before lodgment. As she had been travelling this would have meant she satisified the criteria in April 01 but Helen Brereton (both our case officer) lodged them in Dec 00. When they had their case opened in July they had an outright rejection. They have now had to pay a fortune to get a 457 which means they still dont have PR. When we had our case opened in Dec we were told by the High Commission that we were short of 12 months experience. Again- Helen had lodged us without all the info that we needed. We (after a 2 year wait) are now at the back of yet another 3 month postal queue. We have sacked the agents who are refusing a refund because as far s they are concerned they have done a job. Well all i can say is if i did that bad a job then i would be more than happy to refund my client to save embarrassment.

Just watch them and if you can change agents (ie get your money back ) then do. They are expensive and as far as we are concernced- a waste of money.

PS they are also terrible at correspondence. After lodgement in May 01 we never heard from them again. We have done virtually all the work oursleves. Including phoning the HC, getting out own medicals and police checks done etc.

I am sorry that i cant be more positive but they have screwed with our lives and i find that unforgivable.

If you can change agents my sister used a fab one in Perth who is excellent and not expensive. I also have another good one who my mum used in Urmston who again i would highly recommenf and cost 1/3 of the price. Lovely people and take their jobs very personally!
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

tipper is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking good un.

hi try ian harrop i wouild recomend him all day.
website ianharrop.co.uk.

cheers tipper.
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 9:01 pm
Vaidated member

JayneTee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: good un.

Originally posted by tipper
hi try ian harrop i wouild recomend him all day.
website ianharrop.co.uk.

cheers tipper.
We'd recommend him as well!
Old Feb 4th 2003, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

copykat is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just signed with 4corners (end of January), and paid my £3000.
They seem very professional, and offered me a full refund if I did not get the visa.
I have since changed my destination from Oz to NZ, due the hideous wait to get to Oz. They did not have a problem with that.
However, they did say that I would have have a job prior to going, but they thought that they would be able to arrange this.

I'd be interested to hear about any problems or success stories with 4Corners. It would give me something to look out for!!
Old Feb 4th 2003, 5:58 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

I've just signed with 4corners (end of January), and paid my £3000.
does that £3000 include the costs of the various forms, or is it just their fees ? and did they want all the dosh upfront ?

Last edited by fishyben; Feb 4th 2003 at 6:04 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2003, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

copykat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by fishyben
does that £3000 include the costs of the various forms, or is it just their fees ? and did they want all the dosh upfront ?
That is just their fee. Not sure what what forms it includes, but I still have to pay the ACS for my skills assessment.
I paid upfront & got 10% discount. Else you must pay over 6 months.
Old Feb 4th 2003, 7:03 pm
Adelaide bound

fishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nicefishyben is just really nice

£3000 @"%£~# thats seems alot just for fees, I went with Ian Harrop, his fee is £1050 also with 100% refund if you dont get in, + TRA and Aplication form fees are on top.
Old Feb 4th 2003, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ellen1
hi
cheers
hi ellen,i applied last year with WWW.globalvisas.co.uk they seem pretty good,plus they do no visa no fee
Old Feb 4th 2003, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's interesting- I paid 4 C up front and got no discount whatsoever and we are still waiting after paying them in July 2000 (yes- that's 2000). We were also NOT offered the No win No Fee that you were lucky enough to get.

I'm not bitter.

Nicky

Originally posted by copykat
That is just their fee. Not sure what what forms it includes, but I still have to pay the ACS for my skills assessment.
I paid upfront & got 10% discount. Else you must pay over 6 months.
Old Feb 4th 2003, 8:42 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

im using http://tig.net.au/contactus.html they`re based in Perth and ive found them extremely helpful and cheaper than some u.k agents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.