Reload this Page >

Migration agents to assist with RPL

Migration agents to assist with RPL

Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

dogscogs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration agents to assist with RPL

Hi there,

I'm looking to apply for a permanent residency visa under the Skilled Independent category.

I have no formal qualifications above GCSE's, but I have 10.5 yrs of professional IT experience working for an ISP (currently as a Senior Network Engineer) I have some Cisco qualifications which may or may not help - but it's looking like I will have to go down the RPL route.

So I have some questions :-)

Can anyone reccomend a good Migration agent to help with the RPL?

Also, I turn 30 in June 2007, if I get my backside into gear do I still have enough time to do this ?

Has anyone dealt with an Australian based migration agent before, if so are there any pitfalls that I should look out for?

hope everyone has a fantastic New Year !!

Dean
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:05 am
Respect My Authority!

Zoran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration agents to assist with RPL

Hi Dean,

Check here
http://www.rplhelp.co.uk/index.html

Zoran
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:08 am
CMR
Forum Regular

CMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the roughCMR is a jewel in the rough

Hi Dean

I used an agent called OE Visas, based in Edinburgh (even though I live in London).
I'm in IT (software development) and I thought I would have to do the RPL but happily avoided it - OE visas seemed to know thier stuff when it came to RPL applications so it may be worth speaking to them.

Otherwise, Allan Collet and George Lombard are two agents who post on here and come highly recommended - although I don't know if either of them speciallises with RPL applications. I believe they are both based in Australia and many people use Australia based agents, so I don't think location is a big problem.

Your age shouldn't be a huge problem - I was over 30 when I applied - although you loose 5 points when you turn 30 and my application was lodged before a points increase so it certainly wasn't a probelm for me. Again, speak to an agent and they'll be able to advise you on your particular circumstances.

An important point is to make sure any agent you use is MARA registered - there are quite a few unscrupulous agents around (plenty of posts on here to verify that...) and if your agent is not MARA registered you have no redress if you are unhappy with the service or are ripped off.

Hope this helps - best of luck

CMR
Old Dec 29th 2006, 12:07 pm
Banned

connaust is an unknown quantity at this point

You mean recognitio of prior learning for study award? From what info you give you would be eligible for a lot of credit e.g. TAFE Adv Dip or Bachelors degree. Options could be both on campus study in Australia via private college, TAFE or university, OR off campus from home

System is you apply for rpl at same time as study application, often for an extra cost charged by institution. Ask us any questions you may have. You can find AIEC via web, we are Oz but based in Budapest. AIEC does not charge fees to candidates as we are an accredited agent with most Australian education institutions.

Cheers

Andrew Smith
Cert IV WPA, B. Bus. & M. Ed.
www aiec biz
Old Dec 29th 2006, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dogscogs
Hi there,

Dean
The excellent Darrell @ thinkingaustralia.com
Old Dec 29th 2006, 10:54 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CMR
Hi Dean

<snip>

Otherwise, Allan Collet and George Lombard are two agents who post on here and come highly recommended - although I don't know if either of them speciallises with RPL applications. I believe they are both based in Australia and many people use Australia based agents, so I don't think location is a big problem.

<snip>

CMR
We have offices in the UK and Australia actually -
http://www.gomatilda.com/contact.cfm#ouroffices

Best regards.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 11:32 am
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Hi I used Migration Matters to assist with my ACS RPL. I was accepted and awarded an MODL Occupation so it could't have gone any better really. They charged me £500

http://www.migrationmatters.com/

Best of Luck

Steve