Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migration Agent?

Migration Agent?

Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Default Migration Agent?

We are at the very start of the process and are not sure whether it would be worth using a migration agent. My husband has to do a skills assessment and needs to go via the recognised prior learning route. Has anyone done this without an agent - how easy was it and were you successful?
We are in Liverpool. Has anyone got any experience of the Visa Go migration agent based on Liverpool and Edinburgh?

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2005, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

jaxowen will become famous soon enoughjaxowen will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Migration Agent?

Originally Posted by liverpool girl
We are at the very start of the process and are not sure whether it would be worth using a migration agent. My husband has to do a skills assessment and needs to go via the recognised prior learning route. Has anyone done this without an agent - how easy was it and were you successful?
We are in Liverpool. Has anyone got any experience of the Visa Go migration agent based on Liverpool and Edinburgh?

Thanks

Hi
if you do a search on this site you'll find loads of threads on this topic - my opinion is that it is easier with an agent as they make sure it's all filled in correctly etc (and if like me you are rubbish at filling in forms then they are worth every penny!) However i know of lots of people on the forum who have braved it alone and it's been fine. I suppose it depends how straight forward your situation is. We used Visa Bureau and i would definately recommend them.

Good luck
Jax
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:41 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Migration Agent?

Thanks
Were with visa go, just sent off our TRA to Adelaide on monday.
We've found them to be really helpfull so far but it's early days,I'll keep you posted.
There's lots of threads on this site with people doing it on their own and passed,it just takes a lot of hassle out of the proccess in my opinion.

Ransi
Old Apr 29th 2005, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

sara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the roughsara-anthony3108 is a jewel in the rough

hiya we are half way through visa application and are using Concept Australia based in manchester .. the to guys used to work for the australia embassy that was based in Man until it closed down .. very good rates and very helpfull .. they have offices in man so u can go in and have a chat .. they will talk u through it every step of the way .. would def rec u went with an agt , u need so much stuff .. they will know if what u have is right as the tra will just refuse you if u dont have all the correct info when u post it ..
good luck

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2005, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Thanks
We were advised to use an agent.Glad we did as the TRA need so much info from you. A potential headache.The agent compiles everything for you and this makes it alot easier.Still hard work though!!
We used Go Matilda, brilliant and very efficient.

The Bread Knife
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:10 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I would definitely use a migration agent to help you. We've used Access Migration based in Northampton and they have been brilliant so far. We're (hopefully) going on a Skilled Australian Sponsored visa ( Communications Linesperson), and they needed sooooooo much info, but Access gave examples of what was required by the TRA. It took about 2 months to get all the stuff together, we've paid for it all to be fast tracked by the TRA and have been told we should have it all back within 12 weeks, although it could be quicker than that. We really couldn't have done this on our own.
Good luck!
Old Apr 30th 2005, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

gillies is an unknown quantity at this point

we have used Visa Go and are towards the end of the process just had meds and are waiting for the visa now. Visa go have been brilliant throughout the whole process would definately recommend them. gillies
Old May 1st 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all

Thanks for all the replies guys. We had a good look at the information required and hubbie reckons he can do it on his own. At least we have his sister and partner to help us since they have already been through the process. We figured it would still be a lot of work even with an agent so didn't want to part with our hard earned cash for something that we could probably work out ourselves.
Old May 1st 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

cul8rm8e will become famous soon enoughcul8rm8e will become famous soon enough

I am in the process of my TRA application using Visa-Go the guy`s there are brilliant

Thanks